Author Topic: Which Milltek Exhaust System to Install with Sports CAT?  (Read 301 times)

Offline sdGT

• Not said much yet
Hi all. I'll be going up to stage 2 on my GTI CS shortly, including a sports CAT downpipe. However, I can't decide which back to go for...

I can either have Milltek's OPF back exhaust, or their OPF back RACE exhaust. It's my understanding the performance is the same, it's just the noise that differs.

Litchfield told me that the race version may be too loud/not create a nice sound, along with the sports CAT downpipe, and Milltek's normal OPF back would be the better option.

Does anyone have any experience with this that can advise please? Price is very similar. Race version is around £150 less I believe, so nothing material. Cheers
« Last Edit: 25 April 2024, 01:53 by sdGT »

Offline DrG_GTi

• Not said much yet
Re: Which Milltek Exhaust System to Install with Sports CAT?
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2024, 19:02 »
No experiance in this scenario, but from previous I would always go with the expert recommendations here. If they say it'll be to loud and sound rubbish, it will be waaaay too loud and sound like a tractor mate
'21 Mk8 GTi ClubSport

Offline sdGT

• Not said much yet
Re: Which Milltek Exhaust System to Install with Sports CAT?
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2024, 22:03 »
No experiance in this scenario, but from previous I would always go with the expert recommendations here. If they say it'll be to loud and sound rubbish, it will be waaaay too loud and sound like a tractor mate
Yes, it probably is best to go with their advice, it's just hard to know for sure if the one chap you're talking to does know what he's talking about and there wasn't some ulterior motive, which is why I'd hoped for someone's first hand experience.

Milltek themselves test both versions, with their sports CAT, in their below video. Again, only so much you can tell from a video, but the race back doesn't ridiculous in comparison to the OPF back

https://youtu.be/TAPiMFbSLnY?si=vgQJEnNtj9St3lr3
« Last Edit: 25 April 2024, 22:06 by sdGT »