Author Topic: 2.0 TSI engine  (Read 11675 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
Re: 2.0 TSI engine
« Reply #20 on: 18 August 2009, 00:23 »
I won a 1.1 Rover 25 a good few years back and the dealer owner went out with me for a drive in it and I asked him if the 1.1 was 16v and he said no it's 8v. I looked under the bonnet when i got it home and it clearly said 1.1 16v on the engine cover...

Are you sure you wanted to own up to such a dastardly deed on this forum of high-calibre German motor cars?  :evil: :evil:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline Wurzel

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 18 August 2009, 00:27 »
I won a 1.1 Rover 25 a good few years back and the dealer owner went out with me for a drive in it and I asked him if the 1.1 was 16v and he said no it's 8v. I looked under the bonnet when i got it home and it clearly said 1.1 16v on the engine cover...

Are you sure you wanted to own up to such a dastardly deed on this forum of high-calibre German motor cars?  :evil: :evil:

Hey it's not my fault I won it!  :grin:

It was too small an engine for the car, but to be honest the car was more fun to drive on country roads than the mk4 I have now.
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #22 on: 18 August 2009, 00:37 »

nothing wrong with small engines in small cars.  my 1.0 litre aygo may be low on power and noisy, but its nippy enough and can sorta hold its own on the motorways.

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!