Poll

Shadow Blue or Reflex Silver MK6 GTI 5door

Shadow blue
10 (52.6%)
Reflex Silver
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: 23 August 2009, 09:07

Author Topic: Reflex Silver or Shadow Blue MK6 GTI help me pick.  (Read 9116 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Reflex Silver or Shadow Blue MK6 GTI help me pick.
« Reply #10 on: 09 August 2009, 12:52 »
With those pics I would say the silver... but in all honesty the blue will look better in the flesh.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #11 on: 09 August 2009, 15:02 »
in all honesty the blue will look better in the flesh.

Hmm, I'm really not so sure. Shadow blue looks quite good in the sun (gives it kind of an electric blue tint), but to be perfectly honest, most of the time it's a pretty dull colour. Here's a picture of my Golf Plus in Shadow Blue. I know the Plus is boring to begin with, but the picture is a fairly accurate rendering of the colour:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Last Edit: 09 August 2009, 15:38 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Tony D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 09 August 2009, 20:50 »
Personally I would have it in Silver if the only choice was between those 2 colours.

I know you said not to say it, but what about a White or Red car, taking it back to one of the original GTi colours...?

I've seen both of those colours in the flash and they look absolutely fantastic on the Mk6 GTi.
Current: 

Tesla Model 3 Performance

Past:

2015/15 Golf GTD
2009/09 Golf GT TDI
2008/08 Golf GTi Edition 30
2002/52 Golf GTi 25th Anniversary
1997/P Golf GTi 20th Anniversary

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #14 on: 09 August 2009, 21:09 »
Im a huge bore when it comes to GTI history especially when its the beloved mk1, Its not well known that the two original GTI colours in 1976 were Senegal Red and Diamond Silver. White became available in 1978 but only in Germany. Im a sad git when it comes to the mk1 :grin:

I have seen all the colours on mk6 GTIs in the flesh except graphite blue.
Red i ruled out as my father was a fireman everytime i see bright red i think fire engine so not for me.
White i like from a distance but close up im not a fan at all.
Black is too hard to look after.
Steel gray blend in far too well with the road surface colour round here the amount of times i have seen near misses when cars are that colour.
Carbon Gray is totally different to every photo i have seen its very metallic more or less anthrosite(sp?) colour in some lights less gray more like black. In the end its gray or black in colour so ruled out as above.
That left me with the reflex silver or shadow blue.
« Last Edit: 09 August 2009, 21:43 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #15 on: 09 August 2009, 22:08 »
I voted for Silver.

I wouldnt pick either of those colours given the choice though. But its still a GTI and it will look the dogs danglies regardless of colour.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #16 on: 10 August 2009, 06:58 »
Carbon Gray is totally different to every photo i have seen its very metallic more or less anthrosite(sp?) colour in some lights less gray more like black. In the end its gray or black in colour so ruled out as above.
That left me with the reflex silver or shadow blue.

Good job you don't live in Germany, I don't think you'd ever get to see all the colours they get :) My carbon grey (anthracite) was parked next to a black TDI on delivery day and the two colours look very different when you see them together.

Offline hutch924

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2009, 07:31 »
the blue looks very dull
Sad that i have not got my Astra VXR Nurburgring anymore but well happy with my Mk6 GTi, much better car

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2009, 09:33 »
My wife wanted ours in silver and I wasn't sure on the choice but now we have it.........looks fantastic. Go for the silver, it  really suits the car and where silver has been so over done over the last decade now people are choosing other colours and actually silver is becoming less of a common sight in brand new cars especially the GTI.   

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2009, 11:09 »
I'm sorry but I don't think either colour suits the GTI but if it was down to them being the only 2 colours available I'd go for silver, that blue is defo not a GTI colour.

I know this will probably upset a few of you but imo the only colours in the UK specs for me are Black (obviously cos I chose it) red or white.

Sorry but we are all allowed our personal opinions. :grin:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.