Author Topic: Waiting times  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: Waiting times
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2009, 15:37 »
so does that mean you have taken a call from your dealer to tell you when it was being built, when it is being shipped etc?  i haven't heard a dickybird from mine  :sad:

You ring them up and you ASK them.

I believe VW update the system on Tuesdays.  First time I asked there was no build week, but he was able to tell me what build weeks he could see for other cars in the system, which let me know where they'd got to.  The following week mine had a build week allocated to it.

I had to ring back several times because he was always "with a customer" when I called, but I got through in the end.  It was reading what other people here on the forum had done that prompted me to call, and it paid off.  When I got the build week the dealer also gave me further information about how long he expected it to be after that, where the ship comes in to and so on.

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2009, 15:50 »
Only 2 weeks 1 day for me so far.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline oldman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2009, 15:54 »
If its any consolation I ordered mine on April 11th and just been informed by the dealer that its built and ready for shipment.I will be taking delivery on Sept 1st.     Can't wait for the big day.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2009, 16:05 »
I ordered the very first day the car was officially launched in France (May 1) and have had to wait until... TOMORROW .... argghhh, can't stand it any more, must squeeze that fat steering wheel, caress the DSG gear knob, lick the alloy wheels... help...  :laugh:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 05 August 2009, 16:17 »

[/quote]

You ring them up and you ASK them.

[/quote]

believe it or not i have actually done that!!  but i get given vague answers like its likely to be built in august, i'll call you when its updated on the system - not taken one call yet!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2009, 16:42 »
I ordered the very first day the car was officially launched in France (May 1) and have had to wait until... TOMORROW .... argghhh, can't stand it any more, must squeeze that fat steering wheel, caress the DSG gear knob, lick the alloy wheels... help...  :laugh:

he he he wanna feel mine? For a fee of course and I am just a few hours from you...

Tempted?

GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2009, 16:52 »
so does that mean you have taken a call from your dealer to tell you when it was being built, when it is being shipped etc?  i haven't heard a dickybird from mine  :sad:

Yeah i got a call about 3 weeks ago to say it was being built and then one last week to say it was built and on its way over.

Rolfe, what did they tell you about the shipping and how long was it likely to take?

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2009, 17:18 »
I think he said about ten days to a fortnight after it was actually built for it to make its way to the dealer.  However, he also said that they get ahead of their quotas sometimes, and cars can arrive a bit earlier than expected.  Which is why I thought I'd start hoping on about 7th September.

Which concidentally is the day I go on holiday.

Dearie me!  I may have to leave brand new Prospero tucked up in his garage while I pick up a cruddy left-hand-drive hire car in the Algarve or Corfu or somewhere!  :angry:

Rolfe.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2009, 18:46 by Rolfe »

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 05 August 2009, 17:24 »
 :grin:

Cruddy, i haven't heard that word in ages!!!

Offline herbie911

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2009, 15:30 »
Got my very 1st call from my salesman. I was told it will be built around september. Can't tell me the exact date. He reckon I will get my car in late sep or oct. I place my order in 3/7/09. Around 4 months wait is not bad for a car which is so desirable! Had wait longer for a car in the past!