Author Topic: Wolfsburg  (Read 2829 times)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Wolfsburg
« on: 27 July 2009, 20:40 »
Hi all

Has anyone been to the factory? They have tours which I'm thinking about booking as I'm in Germany next week.

Don't know if it will coincide with my build week but it could be interesting...

« Last Edit: 27 July 2009, 21:07 by GolfTi »
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Wolfsburg
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2009, 21:34 »
Take pics, lots of pics  :smiley:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2009, 22:35 »
if you see a black one with 5 doors.  that'll be mine

:laugh: :laugh:
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2009, 10:57 »
U sudda got the option to collect from Wolfsburg.......

Offline jaydubveedub

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2009, 12:02 »
I've been to the factory for a tour - it is awesome. Make sure you also go to the Autostadt 'museum' next to the factory - it's quite interesting. I can highly recommend the Ritz Carlton just round the corner from there if you need somewhere nice to stay.

I think that it's possible to collect your new car from the Autostadt i.e direct from the factory. There is a customer handover centre there where the car is automatically delivered on a conveyor belt from a massive 'storage tower' and then underground to the PDI centre. Awesome place.
2003 Passat 1.9 Sport TDI Wagon | Inky Blue | Lots of Wax

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2009, 21:59 »
Stunning place.

We saw plenty of right hand drive GTIs being built (from start to finish) on the factory tour. They are currently making 2000 Golfs a day and are working 24hrs a day, 5 days a week. Maybe one was yours??? Or mine ?? :smiley:
There is plenty for the family to do as well including 'driving licence' for the kids, massive bungee swings over a lake  and excellent restaurants. We didn't have time for the boat tour or the museums.
I had a go at the safety training which basically taught you all you need to know about ABS and ESP and driving in the wet.
Cost was 38 Euro for a family ticket and 28 Euro for the driver training, you do need to book in advance though.
The AutoTürmen (Car tower) is out of this world. Two massive glass fronted towers filled with cars awaiting collection, they are picked up by a lift/platform in the middle and sent via a tunnel system for collection!
Sorry photos in the factory were verboten.
Website is here
http://www.autostadt.de/portal/site/www/menuitem.bfc77284986e65234e72de10100000f7/?vgnextoid=fa512cb11c51f010VgnVCM10000070c7b20aRCRD
By the way, just had a call from my dealer and mine is due Sept 1st. :drool:
« Last Edit: 14 August 2009, 22:23 by GolfTi »
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.