Author Topic: VW Festival Leeds  (Read 1573 times)

Offline andykram

• I live here
VW Festival Leeds
« on: 17 August 2009, 17:39 »
Having had my GTi for 4 weeks I thought I might go along to the Leeds VW festival at Harewood House yesterday. It was very enjoyable although there weren't that many GTis about of any Mk, more Beetles and the Camper vans. However, mine was literally the only Mk6 GTi I saw all day so when I parked it up near the main area it generated quite a lot of interest, all of it positive. I thought this was interesting as we've had the debate on here as to whether people like the 6 more than the 5 or whether it's enough of a step up over the 5 etc.
Anyway, I was pleased with the reaction it got cos it just confirmed what I already felt - that it is a stunning car. There were some 5s about too which looked great but I don't regret choosing the 6 over the 5. Not many Sciroccos about although there was one which had been done up by a tuning company that looked absolutely amazing.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: VW Festival Leeds
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2009, 17:46 »
What colour is you gti andy??

I have yet to see one around Leeds... you sure your drving yours around enough?? if not you know who to call!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: p.s. me!

Offline andykram

• I live here
Re: VW Festival Leeds
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2009, 22:18 »
It's a carbon grey one which I parked (eventually) beyond where the club areas were (including the R32 owners club area). As I said I was astonished with how much reaction it got.