Author Topic: Remapping the mk6 GTI  (Read 41630 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Remapping the mk6 GTI
« on: 12 July 2009, 23:22 »
Anyone know what sort of figures the guys hope to get from the mk6 GTI ?

After seeing the RS on topgear, I want more from the GTI  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Remapping the mk6 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2009, 06:19 »
You'll be looking at around 250ish BHP as the same basic spec turbo is used as on the 200PS MK5.
You'll have to wait for the R model if you want 300bhp cabability.  :drool: You'll need deep pockets too if you do.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2009, 07:17 »
The RS Focus looks fun to drive, but I'd be embarassed to be seen in one. So vulgar ;)

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2009, 08:25 »
You'll be looking at around 250ish BHP as the same basic spec turbo is used as on the 200PS MK5.
You'll have to wait for the R model if you want 300bhp cabability.  :drool: You'll need deep pockets too if you do.

One report I read was talking about circa £2k extra for the 3dr and anothe £2k again for the 5dr.

Sound wrong to me as the gti diff between 3 and 5 drs is a lot smaller.

Otherwise £2k extra could be good value for the extra performance, depends also on what kit they chuck in as standard (eg xenons are a grand already). Though if I were vw I wouldn't want to risk of pissing off new mk6 owners...

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2009, 13:44 »
We should have an answer later this week as my car is going to Revo tomorrow to be the 'mule' for their map development.  260+ like the Scirocco has been mentioned.........

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2009, 14:54 »
the 'mule' for their map development.

Hmm, if you needed open heart surgery, would you like to be the new surgeon's mule? You're a braver man than I. Best of luck :)

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2009, 15:13 »
the 'mule' for their map development.

Hmm, if you needed open heart surgery, would you like to be the new surgeon's mule? You're a braver man than I. Best of luck :)

Hmmm, not sure what you know abut the process mate but I'm having a switchable map so I can switch between factory settings and the perfrmance map that Revo will create based on my car.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2009, 15:16 »
FroGTI, it's not exactly like he's going to be the first ever 'victim' with that engine! The engine has been around for a while in Audis and is not too different to the ED30 engine minus the cambelt and big turbo. REVO are a global operation and know their onions; so basically REVO are no strangers to this engine! Gossa is just going to get the first UK 'customer' map no doubt in return for a few write ups and what nots.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2009, 15:53 »
They don't even need a car to develop the map, they need a car to upload it to and tweak it, put it on a rolling road and get some figures so people can see what can be achieved.

I'm getting a deal on it as i'm obviously loaning them my car but i'd probably be buying it even if I wasn't.  I've heard very good things about Revo and now my car has stretched it's legs too 1000miles i'm happy to see what the potential is. 

As it is it's a great car but it feels like there's a lot more lurking in there so i'd like to see how much USABLE power can be utilized.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2009, 15:57 »
Yeah I've not checked REVOs webby for a while but I reckon they already have a retail version of the map for at least some foreign Audis with this engine. So they will just need to check the settings work okay on your car I would guess. I've had REVO on 1.8t's although I use a different map on my mk5. I guarantee it will give you oodles of torque making the engine pick up much much quicker. It would deffo be the first thing on my shopping list if I ever manage to get a deal on a mk6.  :wink:
Would be criminal not to.  :evil:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner