Author Topic: DAB radio  (Read 9848 times)

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: DAB radio
« Reply #20 on: 09 July 2009, 20:45 »
Mmm, you have a point, but I want the capability to hook up the iPod even more.  Not sure about that angle.

Rolfe.

Offline Mighty_G

• Not said much yet
  • Tornado Red MK6 3 Door, 18 inch rims, AAC, RCD510
« Reply #21 on: 10 July 2009, 11:30 »
on by 510 there is a button for 'DAB' and a separate one for 'Radio', so I assume the same is for the standard. Like someone else has said for the £50 extra it costs its worth it (definately for me anyway)

Dynaudio upgrade is excellent.

Offline cameluk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 11 July 2009, 22:35 »
FM isn't being turned off in 2015, its only an idea at the moment

DAB is pretty poor in most areas, and don't expect to use it in Europe, most countries have different non compatible versions

France is forcing all car manufactures to install the French version of DAB in cars sold in France in the near future

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 12 July 2009, 14:25 »
I ordered dyneo audio too,is it any good,do you get fancy badges on the speakers ?

They are very good Simon, yep you get the branding on the speaker grills.
Oh good cheers,you heard it in action ?
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #24 on: 12 July 2009, 15:46 »
I ordered dyneo audio too,is it any good,do you get fancy badges on the speakers ?

They are very good Simon, yep you get the branding on the speaker grills.
Oh good cheers,you heard it in action ?

Admitedly, only one song and that was for only 1 or 2 mins.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 12 July 2009, 17:14 »
should be pretty good as its designed for the car,there is a video on youtube of a dynoaudio in a rocco,but you can`t really tell much from it.soon see :smiley:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Martinio

• Just got here
« Reply #26 on: 14 July 2009, 09:48 »
Hi everyone,

I noticed a lot of confusement about the DAB and MDI options!

DAB and MDI are both available with the RCD510 and RCD310! They don't mutually exclude each other. The DAB tuner is built in into the headunit, the MDI uses an external interface.

The confusement is just because the MDI is standard in the golf.
You can save 100pound when using the option DAB INSTEAD of the MDI. That's usefull for people who don't have an iPod.

Or you can ADD DAB to the MDI, then DAB costs 165pounds (not 55). That's all!

The online configuration of the Golf is a little bit confusing but you will have proof of this in the pricelist that's available for download. there you have the correct prices and options.

So DAB and MDI go together, no exception!

Hope I could help!

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 July 2009, 11:36 »
That's a very useful post for me, as I was indeed confused.

I have an iPod, and the facility to play it though the car stereo was actually one of the things on my must-have list when I started looking at cars.  I'm only marginally interested in the DAB option, really for future-proofing, as I don't think coverage is good around here at the moment.  I'm reasonably happy with the FM reception available.

So if it's actually £165 to get DAB while retaining the iPod facility, thanks, I'll definitely pass.

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #28 on: 14 July 2009, 12:53 »
That's a very useful post for me, as I was indeed confused.

I have an iPod, and the facility to play it though the car stereo was actually one of the things on my must-have list when I started looking at cars.  I'm only marginally interested in the DAB option, really for future-proofing, as I don't think coverage is good around here at the moment.  I'm reasonably happy with the FM reception available.

So if it's actually £165 to get DAB while retaining the iPod facility, thanks, I'll definitely pass.

Rolfe.

Thing is, why would you care about the iPod when you have a memory stick option in the RCD510 ? It's the same thing.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 14 July 2009, 13:55 »
Menu display?  Not having to bother about configuring a memory stick as well as an iPod?

Rolfe.