Author Topic: Got my insurance sorted guys =)  (Read 7896 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: Got my insurance sorted guys =)
« Reply #20 on: 28 June 2009, 11:21 »
nice one dude! Very jealous! If you got the chance, why not?? I know I would If I had the money to do it!
And 2k fully comp for an 09 gti at 19 years old is a bargain!

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 28 June 2009, 11:32 »
29, 5yrs ncb and you're paying HOW MUCH?!

You needs to move out of Leeds dude. an R32 for myself in Wallingford with 2 yrs ncb & driving @ 26 and it's only £1000  :laugh:
.........post code is a big factor in quotes.I live in Harrogate which is 20 miles from leeds & i got a quote on my 05 gti fully comp protected no claims etc & it's £274.00  :smiley: :cool:.
Candy White ED35.

Jkctr

« Reply #22 on: 28 June 2009, 11:45 »

You needs to move out of Leeds dude. an R32 for myself in Wallingford with 2 yrs ncb & driving @ 26 and it's only £1000  :laugh:

Im 22 and only pay £1200! Thats silly money! I can get an E90 M3 for less than £2k on insurance!

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 28 June 2009, 14:16 »
Good luck Das Auto,enjoy your car and don`t crash it or you`ll prove the insurance company`s right.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 28 June 2009, 19:53 »

Im 22 and only pay £1200! Thats silly money! I can get an E90 M3 for less than £2k on insurance!

I thought it was quite good. Before I got my 8points I was paying £1100 so not bad. but yes i am quite sure my postcode is often targetted for vehicle theft. might try register it to my business address instead and see how it fairs. that place is a right dump and the last place anyone would go to nick a car :laugh:

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #25 on: 10 July 2009, 23:55 »
hmm, london, 33 but then i add my wife, mum and dad to it which lowers the premium to 390 quid. 

funny thing is that a new mk6 is cheaper to insure than a 2nd hand mk5!
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline koop22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 11 July 2009, 00:24 »
hmm, london, 33 but then i add my wife, mum and dad to it which lowers the premium to 390 quid. 

some insurers do this because they realize that if your able to buy a brand new hot hatch, your not going to be an absolute nut and drive like a nob (well most likely   :rolleyes: :laugh: the majority arent) therefore the premium is lower. However, any old guy can go and get a mk5 gti with 70k miles on the clock, and act like a boy racer as the car is much cheaper etc. therefore more expensive to insure!

Jkctr

« Reply #27 on: 11 July 2009, 08:43 »

Hardly rocket science mate! Less have been crashed and claimed on  :wink:

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #28 on: 11 July 2009, 16:48 »

Hardly rocket science mate! Less have been crashed and claimed on  :wink:

Poor underwriting then. If I were them I'd extrapolate the claims experience from the mk5 and apply to the mk6.

However, don't get me wrong I ain't complaining!  Its all good logic that I can use to justify splashing out on a mk6!! :)

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 11 July 2009, 17:04 »

Thats really odd, I thought as far as the actual car was concerned it would be the insurance group that defined it not anything else.  I was led to believe that value didn't make any difference up to around 35k  :undecided:
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate