Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787517 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12510 on: 09 October 2022, 10:49 »
Took my cherished plate off the GTI……….

Are you moving your car on then?

Yes, sadly after 4 1/2 years with the brilliant GTI and 9 years in 3 different MK7’s my time in a Golf will be coming to an end soon (around Dec time ish).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12511 on: 09 October 2022, 11:11 »
Yes, sadly after 4 1/2 years with the brilliant GTI and 9 years in 3 different MK7’s my time in a Golf will be coming to an end soon (around Dec time ish).

Lovely example your car, hopefully someone into Golf's will buy it.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12512 on: 09 October 2022, 12:04 »

What will you be replacing it with?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12513 on: 09 October 2022, 16:46 »
Decent wash today, power washed, Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam, power wash off, wash with Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax, power wash off and then a wax with Autoglym Rapid Ceramic Spray. Now a cold Stella or two.

MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12514 on: 09 October 2022, 18:11 »
Sounds great.... where I am we still have the prospect of a hosepipe ban right into 2023  :angry:

Not quite the same just with a couple of buckets.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12515 on: 09 October 2022, 18:22 »
One of the benefits of living in the North West - lots of water, and it’s not hard - fewer water spots😄
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12516 on: 09 October 2022, 22:22 »

What will you be replacing it with?

Well to be honest I’ve looked at loads of motors, Audi, BMW, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota etc. I know it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but as I’ll be 60 in a few months and the joints have started creaking, I’ve been wanting something taller, so an SUV - yes I know..I know

Anyway, after looking at  nearly 10 different brands, I settled back into what I know, so it had to be a Tiguan. TBH I’d been considering one for a few years now. Wanting a last bash in an ICE car before we are all forced to drive milk floats, so it’s a 2.0l petrol R-Line 4 motion in Nightshade blue metallic, but as is the case with all my cards, it’s optioned to the hilt  ;D ;D

Supposedly it was meant to be built last week (not heard if it was or not), but dealer is expecting it sometime in November / very early December. Love the MK7 but just fancied a change after nearly 10 years in them and the MK8 I’m afraid still isn’t doing it for me. I’ll still be around as the Tiggy and the Golf share a lot in common, and of course I’ll post some images when it’s here.

Should hopefully look something like this if it ever turns up

« Last Edit: 09 October 2022, 22:27 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12517 on: 09 October 2022, 22:39 »
That looks great Sootchucker! Good to hear that you will continue to contribute :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12518 on: 10 October 2022, 07:46 »
My BIL has one, great car.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12519 on: 10 October 2022, 08:22 »
TBH, it's the most unsure I've ever been about swapping cars. As much as I've been in MK7 Golf for nearly 10 years (and a Golf full stop since 2007), it's still a brilliant car, and the pessimist part of me keeps saying, what if the Tiguan isn't as good as the GTI, what if it isn't as reliable, what if it arrives damaged or scratched and I've sold the GTI in the meantime........I know, I'm seriously overthinking this.

I just hope the Tiguan ends up being everything I expect of it.  ;D ;D

Forgot to say, nearer the time, I'll have some bits off the GTI for sale, i.e. Front lower engine cover, pair of underseat drawers & the rear suspension wishbone aerodynamic covers / protectors.
« Last Edit: 10 October 2022, 08:25 by Sootchucker »