Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787460 times)

Online Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6800 on: 17 June 2017, 19:06 »
Taken mine on holiday! From home in west London to Chatsworth house in Derbyshire, now enjoying some local ale at an excellent pub near Matlock Bath. Tomorrow driving to see family near Middlesbrough. Didn't get to explore the performance much as there seemed to be the threat of a speed camera every 10 feet on the M25 and the M1, plus a few 50 zones, so at least the economy was good at nearly 45mpg over the 165 miles. Aircon was excellent and the ride superb even on 19s without DCC. What a great all-rounder :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6801 on: 17 June 2017, 19:38 »
Tried to connect my OBDeleven for over an hour and couldn't get it to connect. Tablet could see it but it wouldn't connect even after restarting the tablet. Anyone else have this issue.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6802 on: 17 June 2017, 20:02 »
Tried to connect my OBDeleven for over an hour and couldn't get it to connect. Tablet could see it but it wouldn't connect even after restarting the tablet. Anyone else have this issue.

Reports of same issue on another forum, so you are not alone.  For some, deleting the obdeleven app and reinstalling it worked.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #6803 on: 17 June 2017, 20:05 »
I have been using OBDeleven since the start of the year without issue. A few days ago it wouldn't connect.
I went to the app store. found OBDeleven and saw an update was available.
Connected fine straight after that!
Good luck!

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6804 on: 17 June 2017, 20:17 »

Reports of same issue on another forum, so you are not alone.  For some, deleting the obdeleven app and reinstalling it worked.

Cheers
I have been using OBDeleven since the start of the year without issue. A few days ago it wouldn't connect.
Good luck!

Cheers, will try it tomorrow. I've got just under 18 hours of Le Mans and almost two slabs of Heineken to get through first.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6805 on: 19 June 2017, 20:40 »

Cheers
Good luck!

Cheers, will try it tomorrow. I've got just under 18 hours of Le Mans and almost two slabs of Heineken to get through first.

Only got round to trying it today, yes there was an update when I checked in the google AppStore but it didn't help. So I deleted the app and reinstalled it and bam, up and working in a minute after signing back in.

Thanks again for the help.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6806 on: 19 June 2017, 20:49 »
Does anyone else's glovebox look like this? Even after taking everything out(only a couple of small things, I don't keep the manual in there) it is the same.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6807 on: 19 June 2017, 20:50 »
Definitely not. That's warped and/or there's clips broken.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #6808 on: 19 June 2017, 20:53 »
I've removed my glovebox twice since owning and it still fits flush. Have a look at the removal guide on here and see if you can find out the cause of the wonkiness. Or... take your dealership up on their offer for a new car 🙂

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6809 on: 19 June 2017, 21:04 »
I've removed my glovebox twice since owning and it still fits flush. Have a look at the removal guide on here and see if you can find out the cause of the wonkiness. Or... take your dealership up on their offer for a new car 🙂

It is looking more probable every day on yhe new car actually. The offer is from VW, I won't be darkening the doors of the dealer I got the car from.

It will cost about 1k to retrofit the sound part of the sound and sport pack onto the new car but the new car will be worth more than that.