Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787297 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6320 on: 17 March 2017, 20:41 »
Got my OBD11 today, I had already bought a Nexus 7 to use it with and changed the rear brake lights to full(inner) the DRLs to 100% with lights on, fan speed to show when set to auto.

One other thing I did was to turn off the soundaktor and boy does it show how loud the Bridgestones are, the drone from the rear of the car especially was very pronounced.

Now for the bad bit, not sure what I did but my active headlights don't work. They don't turn with the steering and they do the little dance thing when the car is started. They still do the dip down and back up bit though. Any ideas of how to fix?

Thanks

Not sure why your Dynamic Cornering Lights are no longer working, I did same lights mod as you and no issues. Have you checked they are still ticked in the CAR menu:  CAR - Setup - Lights - Dynamic cornering lights.

Bit cheeky to link to another forum, but lots of other coding for various adaptations here.  http://www.vwroc.com/forums/forum/84-obdeleven/  Any thread with the word 'Coding' in brackets is tried and tested.

To be fair I think it may have been something else I did in the headlight part of OBD11

Is there any way of resetting the lights to factory?

Expect you'll need to reverse any coding you've done, should show up in the history log on your OBDeleven app.

Already done that but still no luck.

You've not inadvertantly switched to 'eco' driving mode have you?

Just a thought - I know it affects some of the cornering light functions (although it might only be the static functions that turn off).

No, I reverted all the stuff I changed and all is good now. Changed my coming/leaving home lights to fogs/DRLs and 90 seconds and seat heating set to remember setting.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6321 on: 18 March 2017, 00:04 »
Finally got my BBS SR wheel refurbed - absolutely spot on finish. Can't even tell it was done.

If anyone needs work doing around Lincoln, I can recommend G&W Bodyworks in Skellingthorpe - the local Audi dealer trust them to do all their work and that (and experience with them) is good enough for me to recommend them.

Good to hear.

I've just got off the phone about mine and it's just being checked that the match is spot on. They will be phoning me after lunch, so here's hoping all is well.

Called them again today at 3.30pm check on progress and was told it was back in the oven after the first colour match wasn't as they hoped(as they knew I would be looking over it in all angles and lights ect) when I collect it.

They called me called 30mins later to say I could collect for 4.30pm and when I collected all was as hoped as looks like new again so drove away very happy indeed.

Good to know there is someone close to me that if need be in the future I can trust...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6322 on: 18 March 2017, 10:16 »
Booked my car in for it's first service at Inchape Bolton.
No idea what they are like but they are local to me so will have to do.
I already feel ill at the thought of my car being in someone else's hands but what can you do!
I've instructed them not to attempt to clean it in any way, shape or form and I plan to wait while the work is carried out.
Strangely, when I used to take my Audi A3 to the garage, I didn't give it a second thought. The Avus silver paintwork never showed a mark or blemish, unlike my carbon grey Golf :rolleyes:
This forum makes you do strange things  :grin:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #6323 on: 18 March 2017, 11:13 »
Booked my car in for it's first service at Inchape Bolton.
This forum makes you do strange things  :grin:

Same for me - mine's booked in for a week on Tuesday, but I do know that my dealer is usually good. Still not happy, having to trust somebody else with my car, but what can you do? My Tungsten paint seems relatively robust, but I shall still instruct them not to wash it! A proper breakfast over the road will help take my mind off things, while it's in!  :wink:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #6324 on: 18 March 2017, 13:11 »
I've used Inchscape Bolton no issues with them thus far.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6325 on: 18 March 2017, 13:38 »
I've used Inchscape Bolton no issues with them thus far.
Thats good to hear :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6327 on: 18 March 2017, 23:21 »
Nice gloves Ms B!!

As for the car, just plain fantastic results as per normal!  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6328 on: 19 March 2017, 19:17 »
Finally got my BBS SR wheel refurbed - absolutely spot on finish. Can't even tell it was done.

If anyone needs work doing around Lincoln, I can recommend G&W Bodyworks in Skellingthorpe - the local Audi dealer trust them to do all their work and that (and experience with them) is good enough for me to recommend them.

Good to hear.

I've just got off the phone about mine and it's just being checked that the match is spot on. They will be phoning me after lunch, so here's hoping all is well.

Called them again today at 3.30pm check on progress and was told it was back in the oven after the first colour match wasn't as they hoped(as they knew I would be looking over it in all angles and lights ect) when I collect it.

They called me called 30mins later to say I could collect for 4.30pm and when I collected all was as hoped as looks like new again so drove away very happy indeed.

Good to know there is someone close to me that if need be in the future I can trust...

Good to hear, now you know that brother of yours.... :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #6329 on: 21 March 2017, 17:27 »
Took the old girl for her first MOT, Its almost her birthday :kiss: had the dealer swap my stop/start button, fix a rattle near the passenger air vent, they also updated the firmware on the Dis Pro, what a difference that has made - turbo charged the screen response.

Oh and she passed her test with flying colours