Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789216 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #810 on: 01 April 2015, 08:19 »
Morning Fellas,

You know you can save phone profiles, well for some reason i cannot delete them at all. I know where the button is to delete them supposedly but it does nothing, is there someway or resetting them in vcds?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #811 on: 01 April 2015, 19:48 »
Is in the menus somewhere
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #812 on: 01 April 2015, 19:52 »
Is in the menus somewhere

Completely agree mate however mine does feck all, it says something like are you sure you want to delete and I say yes and then it seems to do something but then when I look on the profiles low and behold its still there. Seems like a minor thing but I have like 7 profiles now but only ever two phone so its annoying to scroll through them to find the one I'm using

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
Instrument Cluster illumination?
« Reply #813 on: 19 April 2015, 09:55 »
Edit; post altered
Do the instrument clusters in the UK illuminate during daylight hours?
« Last Edit: 22 April 2015, 00:49 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Anyhow, as a result of my experiments, I've been able to develop a tweak for turning on the instrument cluster lights without having the rotary light switch in the on position. This means that the instrument cluster will be illuminated during normal daylight without the car's lights switched on.
Many thanks for posting this - in the UK (as far as I can tell) the instrument cluster is illuminated in the daytime regardless of the headlight setting. As external light levels fall then so do the instrument light levels - this seems odd at first, the wrong way round as it becomes harder to see the instruments as it gets darker - but it has been suggested that this  was introduced as a way of reminding folk to switch on their lights. Of course if you leave the lighting on Auto then you will not experience this - but I generally leave mine on off until I judge that lights are required.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
Many thanks for posting this - in the UK (as far as I can tell) the instrument cluster is illuminated in the daytime regardless of the headlight setting. As external light levels fall then so do the instrument light levels - this seems odd at first, the wrong way round as it becomes harder to see the instruments as it gets darker - but it has been suggested that this  was introduced as a way of reminding folk to switch on their lights. Of course if you leave the lighting on Auto then you will not experience this - but I generally leave mine on off until I judge that lights are required.

Mark: OK I wasn't aware that UK mk7s already has these facilities. Down here the dimming curves  for the internal photo-transistor are such that only the very brightest daylight (and it needs to be very bright) will illuminate the cluster panel.

In darkness, the lights in our cars are also off (like your UK cars).  That's what the "Y" values in my table will change

If you ever make an adaptation map of 17-Instruments control model, I would very much like to get a copy - to see how the dimming curves are set-up in your UK cars. Odd that VW would change this aspect of the car down here!
Cheers
Don

EDT: Mark, now I'm real confused -not an unusual state for me on this forum..hahaha!!

Serendipitously, a forum colleague here kindly just sent me a full set of admaps on his UK mk7 (thanks phope). According to his profile, he hails from Aberdeenshire (not sure where that is in the UK). Any way given your advice, I eagerly downloaded the file and had a quick look at the dimming curve for the internal photo transistor (and I also compared the dimming curves for the gauge, clock, indicator lights and middle display). They all had the same settings as my car

Here's the  comparison for the photo-transistor dimming curves (X values align with daylight levels and Y values for night time levels.

I don't mean to be impertinent, but are you sure that the instrument cluster in you UK cars illuminate during daylight with the light switch in the off position?
« Last Edit: 19 April 2015, 14:55 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #816 on: 19 April 2015, 18:57 »
The light cluster doesn't light during the day or any other time with the light switch in off position. I noticed this the other day while driving through the tyne tunnel. To be honest that's the way it should be as I see loads of people driving around at dusk with no lights on. My 05 Leon fr had this and I couldn't see the point to be honest.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #817 on: 19 April 2015, 21:03 »
Its quite possible that i am talking a complete load of rubbish as i have not checked but just basing my comments on recollection (probably not really a great idea).

No offence taken at all DV :-)

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #818 on: 19 April 2015, 21:32 »
Has anyone with VCDS cracked how to make the LED indicators pulse outwards like the new Audi ones do?
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #819 on: 19 April 2015, 21:35 »
Has anyone with VCDS cracked how to make the LED indicators pulse outwards like the new Audi ones do?

I dont think we have the control units in the LEDs to do it, just the alternative flashing sequence. I'd love to be proven wrong though!