Author Topic: Forge TIP fitted. WOW  (Read 1626 times)

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Re: Forge TIP fitted. WOW
« Reply #20 on: 03 April 2013, 17:21 »
What difference does it make sound wise ashmond ? Ive read you can here the recirc abit more ? Is that right ?

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 03 April 2013, 20:06 »
Only because it allows more breathing, the standard TIP is rubbish and the difference when uprated is massive, but if you want the DV or turbo spool louder, remove the sound proofing from under the bonnet, did mine at weekend and sounds epic
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 03 April 2013, 20:24 »
I was thinking of doing that in the summer when its abit hotter as i find compared to other cars the 1.8t does build up some heat under there ! So looks like a job for tomorrow :)

Offline asboGTI

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 03 April 2013, 20:40 »
I got a forge on mine, sounds the tits, much better then the standard!  :cool:

i thought you would be running a badger 5 how comes you went with forge
vw golf mk4 ARZ 1.8T pipercross panel filter, xenon headlights, JOMS coilovers, forge 007p with green spring, audi tt anti roll bar, 3inch ebay trubo back exhaust, COOKIES MONSTER STICKER(adds bhp I swear)

Offline davemk4

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 04 April 2013, 07:35 »
Thecsound is good with TIP on and i removed my sound proofingvtoo. Much better
2001 mk4 GTI 1.8t AUM. k&n induction kit with customer heat shield, 3'' TIP, Forge 007P, Stage 1 map, N249 bypass, 3'' downpipe and decat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back non res, Koni shockers and H&R springs 35mm, dimpled and grooved disks front and back