Author Topic: Service Regime...  (Read 637 times)

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
Service Regime...
« on: 28 July 2009, 12:54 »

Here's a good one to chew over... My service-ometer bong'd the other day, no problem.

Anyway, according to my local VW stealer the car has been LL serviced twice; at 1 year and another at 2 years..

Is it simply not just better and a wee bit cheaper for me to move over to the T&D regime?

Sometimes all the in-depth debate on here just confusses me even more that I started out! :embarassed:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
Re: Service Regime...
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2009, 13:02 »
T&D is better for a GTI than LL.

You could ask them to use LL oil as its better spec than the T&D but this is optional and to be honest I don't bother.
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
Re: Service Regime...
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2009, 13:56 »
T&D is better for a GTI than LL.

You could ask them to use LL oil as its better spec than the T&D but this is optional and to be honest I don't bother.

Exactly what I asked them to do - cheers!

I thought it was curious that two LL's only managed to last almost exactly 10k/12 month interval..  :laugh:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?