Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791181 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6870 on: 28 June 2017, 17:36 »
Is this thread open to us MK 7.5 owners too?  If it is then it my new GTD made it past 600 miles today so I warmed her up then took her to a nice long straight road and gave her a bit of a 0-62 thrashing.  Put a smile on my face about 5 feet wide!

Oh, and then I put the new headlamps on full beam and got out and looked into them.  I m stll fnding t hrd to se prply

Being as the 7.5 is just a very lightly facelifted 7 then yes of course it's open to FL owners.

It's good to see you're enjoying the GTD and I hope your eyes aren't permanently damaged! The new LED's do look rather good.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #6871 on: 29 June 2017, 08:15 »
Mine just had its first oil and filter change after 6 months and 4000 miles...

Not strictly necessary I know but it makes me feel better.  :smiley:

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6872 on: 29 June 2017, 14:46 »

Certainly can't harm! Looks great too :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6873 on: 29 June 2017, 21:00 »

That looks amazing.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #6874 on: 29 June 2017, 21:29 »
I dropped Mrs LRW's CS oil after 1k.
Our engine guru told us to do it so we did!
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6875 on: 29 June 2017, 22:22 »

I done my GTD just before 2k miles and 3 weeks.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6876 on: 30 June 2017, 18:48 »
Collected my car today after dropping the car of to get the seat fixed and to sort out the scratch they put on the car the last time, now it is comfortable to sit in.

When I dropped the car off I made sure they looked over the car properly so they videoed the hole car. Went around the car today and noticed that they damaged one of my wheels, put a big scrap on my bumper and a small scratch on one of the doors. You couldn't make it up.

I pointed out the damage and the guy went off and came back with an iPad to show me the video which showed clearly the damage on the car.

I couldn't understand I didn't see the marks before hand as I washed it the day before dropping it off, then I had another look at the video and the ground all around the car was dry. When I dropped the car off it was wet.

I think at this point I'm done with WV, dropped by my solicitor on the way back and I'm going to let him take care of it from now on.

On a plus side they done a great job on the repair of the other mark they put on the car.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6877 on: 30 June 2017, 19:17 »
Collected my car today after dropping the car of to get the seat fixed and to sort out the scratch they put on the car the last time, now it is comfortable to sit in.

When I dropped the car off I made sure they looked over the car properly so they videoed the hole car. Went around the car today and noticed that they damaged one of my wheels, put a big scrap on my bumper and a small scratch on one of the doors. You couldn't make it up.

I pointed out the damage and the guy went off and came back with an iPad to show me the video which showed clearly the damage on the car.

I couldn't understand I didn't see the marks before hand as I washed it the day before dropping it off, then I had another look at the video and the ground all around the car was dry. When I dropped the car off it was wet.

I think at this point I'm done with WV, dropped by my solicitor on the way back and I'm going to let him take care of it from now on.

On a plus side they done a great job on the repair of the other mark they put on the car.

That is truly shocking. It's one thing to damage someone's property but to try and cover it up in such a manner is unforgiveable. Name and shame?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6878 on: 30 June 2017, 19:37 »

That is truly shocking. It's one thing to damage someone's property but to try and cover it up in such a manner is unforgiveable. Name and shame?

I won't name and shame until they get back to my solicitor but in case you didn't read about the 'mark' they were repairing but they tried to cover that up by wetting the car even though I had a do not wash signs hanging on the mirror.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6879 on: 30 June 2017, 20:21 »

I done my GTD just before 2k miles and 3 weeks.

I usually just buy a new car instead to save on servicing costs  :lipsrsealed:

I won't name and shame until they get back to my solicitor but in case you didn't read about the 'mark' they were repairing but they tried to cover that up by wetting the car even though I had a do not wash signs hanging on the mirror.

You just couldn't make that up.
You've been amazingly patient up until now and that's your reward.  :angry:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner