Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379146 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead - We're Both Still Alive (p118)
« Reply #1210 on: 17 May 2011, 14:57 »
will do tonight then...................

,.... maybe

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1211 on: 27 May 2011, 11:12 »
Right, well time has not been on my side but I am getting back on the case this weekend, not driven the car for a while now as I don't want to feck it up while it's poorly.... I panicked this morning and thought I only had a week to get the car ready for Volkksfest.  luckily I just looked and I still have two weeks to sort some stuff out.

Here's how she's looking at the mo... Amongst the important issues I have to deal with I hope to get rid of some dents and get some paint on the drivers door by show time so at least it's symmetrical.  (won't be fully painted)

Was looking for some pics to whack on facebook and stumbled upon this one.  My only camping trip in it, a few weeks before the crash in 2004.  Damn I miss those headlight washers!... never used them but liked the look of them on this car.  :cry:

« Last Edit: 02 June 2011, 11:34 by SoundillusioN »

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1212 on: 27 May 2011, 12:39 »
it looks better now mate :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1213 on: 27 May 2011, 12:47 »
it looks better now mate :)

Thanks Guy, If it was clean on that second pic it looked a million times better then!  Ah well, here's to a new look.  :grin:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1214 on: 29 May 2011, 11:01 »
Only just seen this, I agree with guy, I think it looks better now!   :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
MK1 Black From The Dead - Show Fixes Have Started (p122)
« Reply #1215 on: 02 June 2011, 11:11 »
Am on with it now, couple of hours a night after work where possible.

Well I got the car up high enough to sort my fooked exhaust. I have failed you and not taken pics of the issue or what I did.  But I said before the sprung join that holds the manifold to the centre section has had it.  I had to chop off the two sprung brackets that pull the flanges together, I have tightly wrapped the join in exhaust heat wrap held in place with metal ties, then wrapped over that is some bendy metal, made it into a tube and put exhaust clamps over each end just behind each flange...  it seems to be doing an ok job for now.

image uploader

I have been boll*cked on FB already about how the car is supported above but it's because I left my ramps at my dads  who lives in Devon!  It wasn't going anywhere, I made super sure of this and kept a jack on it too just in case.

I think for a longer term fix I am going to try chopping the exhaust flanges which are fooked and try and use something like this??

Next up is sort out the horror I discovered while the car was in the air, I have been leaking a little oil but have been smelling burning grease.  The inner drive shaft bolts have been undoing themselves on the O/S!!!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: that explains the smell, glad I caught it when I did!

Also need to try setting up the fueling and timing again as I'm still not happy with it but I doubt I ever will be until I get a replacement warm up reg and get some work done to the head.
« Last Edit: 02 June 2011, 16:32 by SoundillusioN »

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead - Show Fixes Have Started (p122)
« Reply #1216 on: 02 June 2011, 11:13 »
Why is she covered in hazzard tape?

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1217 on: 02 June 2011, 11:30 »
Why is she covered in hazzard tape?

Um.. Because it is one...  :grin: I got given a roll at work, she looks gash in person as the bonnet is rough as fook and overall is still sporting various shades of black.  Plus I was bored of looking at it like this so it was/is a temporary attention diverter.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1218 on: 02 June 2011, 16:30 »
good update there Shaun

any other fixes to come before VF?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1219 on: 02 June 2011, 16:39 »
good update there Shaun

any other fixes to come before VF?

Not like my older updates though, must keep the detail going!  I hope to take the front end to bits and get some decent panel gaps as it's all a bit on the pi55 close up.  Also need to have a look at the replacement wing as it appeared from day one to be slightly misshapen once the kit was fitted. Want to pull a big dent out on the drivers door and wack some paint on it so that at least both sides of the car are the same....  Maybe fit some interior... Hmmmm, am I  being slightly optimistic????