Author Topic: my 1.6 seems abit fast (updated)  (Read 31278 times)

Offline r32_wales

• Not said much yet
Re: my 1.6 seems abit fast lol
« Reply #90 on: 08 March 2011, 18:31 »
Have you spoken to the seller about it?

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 08 March 2011, 18:32 »
Probably not, guy doesent seem to want to know, dunno if he will change his mind, once police visit him but the only way to force it back is small claims court, then itl probly be £5 week  :sick:

cheapest mobile provider arround order a free sim with £5 credit www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/s3cr3t

Offline r32_wales

• Not said much yet
« Reply #92 on: 08 March 2011, 18:34 »
'Doesnt seem to want to know??' What did he say when you told him the engine in the car you bought off him was stolen?  :undecided:

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 08 March 2011, 18:34 »
Have you spoken to the seller about it?
yeah , message i got was he bought a 1.6 , its documented 1.6 , and he sold it as a 1.6
but the police said, whether he knew or not, he's still liable, trading standards said the same thing, he sold stolen goods.not under the descritpion advertised
« Last Edit: 08 March 2011, 18:37 by bullzeye »

cheapest mobile provider arround order a free sim with £5 credit www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/s3cr3t

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 08 March 2011, 18:36 »
he hasent answered phone or text back since i told him it was stolen, his replys was from when i told him it was a 2.0

Offline ashie_b1986

• GTI forum regular
  • mk4 golf gti 1.8 turbo AUM 2001
« Reply #95 on: 08 March 2011, 19:08 »
sounds like hes going to put the blag on and say he never knew
but surely he knew
like you said "my 1.6 seems abit fast"
he has to of thought the same thing if he didnt do the engine swap he has to of known about it

Offline vwfiend

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 08 March 2011, 19:36 »
Surely he would have noticed when replacement engine parts didnt fit....... Unlucky mate, if it was me id probably have kicked off at the seller and knocked a 5 courses of corner bricks off his house every day until he refunded you then sold it on as an undocumented engine swap. I know its wrong but like you say, small claims court will gain nothing. Good luck, especially as you did the right thing  :smiley:

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 08 March 2011, 19:48 »
Surely he would have noticed when replacement engine parts didnt fit....... Unlucky mate, if it was me id probably have kicked off at the seller and knocked a 5 courses of corner bricks off his house every day until he refunded you then sold it on as an undocumented engine swap. I know its wrong but like you say, small claims court will gain nothing. Good luck, especially as you did the right thing  :smiley:

well thats what i thought if ive worked it out after 24 hours of owning the car how would have have not known when hes owned it 12 months! and what is stuck in my mind is when i was driving off he said "its nippy mate" hummmm

yeah ive done the right thing i couldnt have sold it on like that id have been scared stiff waiting for them to fetch it back,
small claim court probly wont be much good  like i said £5 a week or somet but at least its gonna annoy him best i can do really at the min :( gutted tho might set up a donation line.... Help Bullzeye Get Another Golf lol

Offline symsymma

• I live here
  • AGU POWER,drive it like u stole it!!!
« Reply #98 on: 08 March 2011, 20:31 »
Sorry to hear about ur ordeal mate,if it was me id have turned green and gone round the twits house and stuck the car where the sun dont shine by now.i think ure handling this very well.good luck gettin it sorted mate.
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 08 March 2011, 20:48 »
hope you didn't leave positive feedback  :sad: