Author Topic: A sudden Urge......  (Read 9998 times)

Offline maxamus

• I live here
A sudden Urge......
« on: 31 October 2007, 23:10 »
Was sat at home watching TV when i just got a sudden urge to take the GTI out for a little cruise. I have to say, ive had a few cars but i havent had one which makes me want to just take it out for a drive for no reason. Thats how pleasurable i find my GTI.

Took it for a cruise down the A166, was gentle on the paddle cruising along watching the night lit arcitecture, roads and sky go by. Was very humbling.

Pulled into a shell station which is beautifully lit which showed the GTI off really well (being black it does really shine in the night light). It was fairly busy and as soon as i pulled in i could see the other people gaze over in envy. As i was fueling up i could see people staring over. One fellow in a normal MK5 TDi was pointing it out to his child who must have been around 11 and i could see what he was thinking  :tongue:.

After i paid i got back in and drove off but as i was i went passed the MK5 TDi and gave the child a wink in acknowledgement.

Then i took it down the town cruising along and i could see that the GTI was catching the gaze of students going out a halloween special night.

As far as cars i've owned and drove, the GTI gets the most attention. I dont know if thats due to only a few GTI's in the area (esp in black 3dr) or if the car has that presence about it. My GTI is certainly a favourite with students and other MK5 Golf non-gti owners aswell as MK4 GTI/TDI women drivers.

I've had my car for nearly 6 months now but the novelty certainly has not wore off at all. I still find it special. Its going to be a sad day when i eventually get rid of it  :cry:  (which will be no time soon. I still find it a joy to drive)

Anyone else feel the same....?

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
Re: A sudden Urge......
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2007, 23:52 »
I get this all the time in my focus st but its more people turning round to see what the noise is(miltek with decat)but I also get looks when Im in my gt tdi they are a nice car to look at.  My focus is still one of them cars you just need to take out at any time of day OR night and I still get that hugh smile when I drive it :evil: im having to get rid now so spending abit on the golf to make it look more special got to compromise somewhere :grin:

Darren

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2007, 03:39 »
went passed the MK5 TDi and gave the child a wink in acknowledgement.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2007, 06:45 »
I must say that we get the same. When my mom pulls in at the hostel everyone stares at the car. We have had ours a year and people still stare at it and give a thunbs up etc.

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2007, 07:32 »
I've had my car for nearly 6 months now but the novelty certainly has not wore off at all. I still find it special. Its going to be a sad day when i eventually get rid of it  :cry:  (which will be no time soon. I still find it a joy to drive)

....I've had mine for over 2 years and 40,000 miles and still feel the same joy, probably even increased as I've got more familiar with her  :smiley:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2007, 08:03 »
Yep I often find myself going out for made up journey's.... or speedy window shopping shopping as i like to call it!! :rolleyes:

Often seem to get more appreciation from the older generation rather than younger bunch... I find this really strange as when i was a school kid and a nice Gti (or any nice car for that matter) drove past we as a group of kids would be jumping around and pointing. All young kids these days seem to be interested in is kak music and taking class A's... no appreciation for nice vehicle!!

No wonder the dad was education his little boy... something a few more parents should be doing!

Sorry i seem to have drifted off the point there slightly... :undecided:

Peskarik

« Reply #6 on: 01 November 2007, 08:30 »
Was sat at home watching TV when i just got a sudden urge to take the GTI out for a little cruise. I have to say, ive had a few cars but i havent had one which makes me want to just take it out for a drive for no reason. Thats how pleasurable i find my GTI.

Took it for a cruise down the A166, was gentle on the paddle cruising along watching the night lit arcitecture, roads and sky go by. Was very humbling.

Pulled into a shell station which is beautifully lit which showed the GTI off really well (being black it does really shine in the night light). It was fairly busy and as soon as i pulled in i could see the other people gaze over in envy. As i was fueling up i could see people staring over. One fellow in a normal MK5 TDi was pointing it out to his child who must have been around 11 and i could see what he was thinking  :tongue:.

After i paid i got back in and drove off but as i was i went passed the MK5 TDi and gave the child a wink in acknowledgement.

Then i took it down the town cruising along and i could see that the GTI was catching the gaze of students going out a halloween special night.

As far as cars i've owned and drove, the GTI gets the most attention. I dont know if thats due to only a few GTI's in the area (esp in black 3dr) or if the car has that presence about it. My GTI is certainly a favourite with students and other MK5 Golf non-gti owners aswell as MK4 GTI/TDI women drivers.

what envy? it's a GOLF!  :rolleyes:

Offline maxamus

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 01 November 2007, 08:47 »

what envy? it's a GOLF!  :rolleyes:

Its not just a golf, its a GTI! And the best one for that matter!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #8 on: 01 November 2007, 09:39 »
lol ! please dont take offence , im a nice chap really but you really sound up your own arse in that post :D:D

Peskarik

« Reply #9 on: 01 November 2007, 10:23 »
lol ! please dont take offence , im a nice chap really but you really sound up your own arse in that post :D:D

who?