Author Topic: "Dynamic headlight range control"  (Read 1172 times)

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
"Dynamic headlight range control"
« on: 05 October 2023, 19:18 »
Downloaded the MyVW app and had a look around (WeConnect will soon be no more...). Managed to find the vehicle equipment, handy as I haven't owned the car from new, and noticed it shows "Dynamic headlight range control, with dynamic cornering light" as a feature. Can anyone shed any light (pun completely intended) on the dynamic range control and what this refers to? Is this the auto-adjustment of the lights every time you start up?
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: "Dynamic headlight range control"
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2023, 10:04 »
Just self levelling headlights nothing more. Yes it is the dance they do when you start up. There is a sensor on the rear control arm that controls them. The Dynamic Cornering lights swivel the unit when steering to hug the road.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2023, 13:42 »
Does anybody know if there is any maintenance needed for these?  I guess if something is moving then do they need the occasional lubrication or is it all in a sealed unit?
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2023, 19:23 »
Does anybody know if there is any maintenance needed for these?  I guess if something is moving then do they need the occasional lubrication or is it all in a sealed unit?

Interesting question if anyone knows the answer, mines 2 months old of its 5th Birthday and I’ve never touched them.
The return of the dark nights has a benefit of watching the start up dance, amuses my childish mind.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2023, 20:32 »
Shouldn't need anything.

If you really fancy it you can occasionally check it for rust and if needed paint it with with a bit of hammerite. To stop it weakening and snapping.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/