Author Topic: my god...  (Read 3212 times)

Offline adam gilhespy

• Just got here
my god...
« on: 20 October 2005, 20:55 »
okay so i've always wanted a golf but never been able to get insured on anything bigger than a lawnmower until now. so hey, i splashed out on a '89 driver 1.6, 80,000 miles (which may be too good to be true) MOT for a year and two new back tyres. all of 350 quid- there's a story about that for a different day, but suffice to say it involves ebay. so here i am! out to cynically remove knowledge from your collective brain and pretend i know what you're talkin about. i can't run it until i sell my current car (beautiful 2000 honda civic dadmobile anyone?) but for now i scored for a weber for cheap from a guy nearby (shouldn't it have a manual choke cable or something?) and some cool cabrio alloys with dunlop sport tyres (now diy black). the best thing though is that the local scrappie just got a d reg gl with all the chrome trim yew! bumpers, doorcards, old typography badge (i'm type obsessed) and 7 slat chrome trim grille are all mine ha ha! i'm really getting into this. my girlfriend is a golf nut too so i think you'll be hearing from us a lot. you guys all seem so nice anyways so i'm looking forward to talking to you, at least until you get bored with my drivel and pissed off that (for the moment) im all take and no give. but hey, what i don't know about golfs i make up for in knowledge on weird music, electric guitars, skateboarding, photography, design and printing and gas boilers will i'm sure more than make up for it. you gots any problems with any of those things, you come to me ; )
ad x

oh yeah, stiff (like, really stiff) clutch pedal means a new clutch right? bugger.

Offline Bazzer

• I live here
Re: my god...
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2005, 20:57 »
Welcome mate ;) Axeman too huh?  :cool:

And a stiff clutch means go to the gym and work those legs. Golfs all have heavy clutches. It's what the Germans put in to scare women and children away. Apologies to all the girlies here  :smiley:

Bazzer

Dinky

« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2005, 21:10 »
nowt wrong with a stiff'un hun.. :laugh:
welcome to the forum..get ur girlie on here too! :smiley:

Dinx :kiss:

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2005, 22:01 »
i'm with u there dinx hunny anyway... welcome  :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2005, 09:01 »
howdy!!  :cool:

welcome to the forum!!  :smiley:

Fielder5757

« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2005, 10:42 »
i'm with u there dinx hunny anyway... welcome :smiley:

You should feel mine, Its got a Big Red........Clutch peddle on the end of it :wink:

Welcome mate  :cool:

Fielder5757

« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2005, 12:14 »
Yes welcome, I trust you have been told about the initiation process? You know...the one were you post naked photographs of your girlfriend posing on your Dub  :wink:

Isnt that right guys  :wink:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2005, 13:17 »
Welcome to the forum.  :smiley:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #8 on: 21 October 2005, 13:26 »
Arrow.  :cool:

Look out for dinx, she's a madame.  :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :evil:

Dinky

« Reply #9 on: 21 October 2005, 13:29 »
and who said you said you could play out? *gets whip out* get back in ur cage.. :laugh: :laugh: :evil:
im no bother really.. :smiley:

Dinx :kiss: