Author Topic: New Golf GTI Owner, mk7 in tornado red  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: New Golf GTI Owner, mk7 in tornado red
« Reply #10 on: 09 October 2022, 17:02 »
I actually quite like the Austins. If you want to tweak the car's looks, perhaps some spacers would help. Then I'd fit some gloss black mirror caps and some R tail lights (they look so much better). I did on mine and they look so much better. Even a gloss black roof wrap and a TCR rear spoiler.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline danielwhitt

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTi 2014 Tornado Red, Manual, Virtual Cockpit
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2022, 08:58 »
We've just ordered some gloss black mirror caps, but I never gave spacers a thought, again had them on my Octavia, I think 15mm front and 20mm rear. What kinda sizes can we get away with on the golf ? We've also ordered some frosted black mirror indicators which scroll across like the Audi's ? I'm guessing the golf r rears do that too ? If so that will be next on the list too.. regards splitters front and rear, aswell as spoilers, I've had maxton before aswell as reiger, but I don't really like any of the maxton ones and reiger don't seem to do to many. Were after some gloss black front and rear splitters - diffusers, aswell as a gloss black spoiler ?

Offline danielwhitt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 10 October 2022, 09:02 »
Regards the rear lights, do the scrolling only come with the MK7.5 ? If so, are they a straight swap, any coding needed etc? Also, can you get the same with the front lights ? 

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 10 October 2022, 10:51 »
The MK7 R lights are just tinted:

The 7.5 ones do fit (and scroll) but will need coding. The 7.5 front lights don't scroll and I think they are LED only (not 100% sure) so I doubt they will easily fit a 7. But this is where google is your friend!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline danielwhitt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2022, 15:09 »
I like the tinted lights, subtle but a standout change. Had a few bits turn up for the car already, and also found a few issues with the car that needs sorting aswell, which is a pain, but nothing serious. Just need to break out vcds for a few of them. The fuel filler cap solenoid isn't working, so need to replace that, whoever coded the stereo missed a few bits off that need sorting, just two error messages relating to coding which are easy enough to fix once I can get a log from vcds. Need to code the battery to the car as someone has replaced the battery for a higher capacity but hasn't coded it to the car, so the car thinks it's still the smaller battery which is also easy enough. And I also need to replace the n82 valve as it's thrown a few errors but they are only sporadic so will just change it and sort that out before it becomes an issue. But apart from that, loving the car......
The only other question I was going to ask, coming from a diesel vrs which was mapped to about 230 ish bhp, and then to this as petrol, it seems that when you press the accelerator gently and the turbo spools up is quite gentle when it comes in, but when you floor it, when the turbo kicks in, it seems quite jolty if that makes sense, it seems like there's nothing then all of a sudden the thing takes off and you get everything ? Not sure if that's just the difference between what I'm used to with a powerful diesel and it having more torque ? Sorry if that makes no sense 🤣🤣

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2022, 15:23 »
You might want to post your question in the MK7 section where you'll get more views and responses - https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=117.0

:smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline AHAgolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 30 October 2022, 17:54 »
Hi and welcome. Very similar to my Mk7 3 door manual, also with the 7.5 infotainment! I had VW retrofits do mine in Redditch and thankfully no coding issues. Good luck with the mods.

Offline smak85

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2022, 08:16 »
Welcome - car looks a good example and good job getting the head unit changed 👍