Author Topic: New member moving the steering wheel to the opposite side...kind of :)  (Read 1346 times)

Offline WLT

• Just got here
Hello everyone!

i'm a GTI fanboy from St.Petersburg who is moving to the UK next month, so thinking about to sell :cry: my fully packed lovely 21 GTI here, and buy another one with the steering wheel on the opposite side. Hopefully :cool:
Realised that bringing the car with me would be a nightmare with the parkings tickets and overtakes, so sadly would change it. Cant brave to post an advert for about a week :undecided:

My GTI has a changed exhaust to the clubsport version, original dynamic turn indicators with the black caps and changed wheels from Richmond R18 to Bergamo R18.
Some pics:

Reading the forum for the couple of years, and hopefully will became an active member soon.

Heard that there is the problems with the car thefts in the UK, they have some special love to the GTI. Is it realy on that level? Will be thankful for any advices :cool:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Welcome WLT.
I’d definitely sell your GTI before moving to the UK and then consider where you’re going to live before purchasing a car over here.
In some areas, particularly the densely populated urban regions, there will be lots of car crime, probably similar to most other countries. There are large parts of the UK that have far less car crime but where you move to depends on your lifestyle and choice of career.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Buy a DiscLock👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline WLT

• Just got here
Welcome WLT.
I’d definitely sell your GTI before moving to the UK and then consider where you’re going to live before purchasing a car over here.
In some areas, particularly the densely populated urban regions, there will be lots of car crime, probably similar to most other countries. There are large parts of the UK that have far less car crime but where you move to depends on your lifestyle and choice of career.

The car is sold yesterday to the dealer where ive bought it for the same money. :(

My new work in the UK would be in near Farnborough in Surrey and i'm planning to live in Woking or Guildford with a 20-40 minutes b-road commutes. How do you think  this area is safe to have a GTI?

Offline WLT

• Just got here
Buy a DiscLock👍
Do you mean a wheel-lock? Or do you advise me to buy a bike instead of the GTI? Sounds healthy:)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
I’m not too sure on the levels of car crime in the Surrey/Hants area but nothing an AK47 and Rottweiler couldn’t handle!  :laugh:

This is a Disklok https://www.disklokuk.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9ZGYBhCEARIsAEUXITWtGcccY_DhYKVvv33SxExROhLMe24laIAUcNF940_d-Eb1pOK76WIaAgSjEALw_wcB which is a popular deterrent
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Yusee

• I live here
My brother lives between woking and guildford.
He’s had a number of very nice cars- gt3, currently a lancia delta integrale.
He’s never had a problem.

If you’ve got a garage, I wouldn’t worry at all.

If you don’t have a garage I wouldn’t worry much!
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline GriffsUp

• Just got here
You'll be totally fine  :grin:

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Move to the Republic of Ireland.. I leave the keys in the ignition of my 3 cars in the driveway in West Cork
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox