Author Topic: 3 Popular Exhaust Upgrades - Which is best  (Read 20724 times)

Offline WattMk7.5

• Just got here
  • Mk7.5 White/Silver DSG
Re: 3 Popular Exhaust Upgrades - Which is best
« Reply #60 on: 25 May 2020, 23:46 »
I currently have the Vagsport res delete and scorpion decat DP with stock muffler on my Mk7.5  Motorway driving fine little to no drone, but when you get on it it’s insane. Bit boy racer but it’s a good amount of noise for the country roads or if you wanna be noticed.

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
Re: 3 Popular Exhaust Upgrades - Which is best
« Reply #61 on: 27 May 2020, 18:38 »
Oooh, I do like that CSS back box.  At the moment the sensible part of me is thinking going back to stock and pocketing some money on it when the garages open up again.  The Mountune52 cat back came as a bundle deal with a remap so only cost me a few hundred more than I would be paying for the remap anyway so it was more of a bonus than something I was planning on doing.  The less sensible side of me is thinking that I could probably swap out for the CSS backbox for what I could sell the Mountune52 cat back for maybe with some change in my pocket  :whistle:

I do really quite like Mountune52 catback, it's resonated so normal driving around town it doesn't come across as too antisocial and it has a nice sound to it when I open it up which thankfully has gotten a bit quieter after it has has a chance for some carbon build up.  My main consideration here is that I have a long motorway commute and while not excessively loud, I prefer the sound of my stock exhaust for this at certain speeds.  If the CSS is good for long motorway journeys then again I could be tempted.  Especially if anyone here has one lying around that they are not using anymore going cheap.

So car is now booked into the garage for next week for new discs and pads all round as well as some new plugs to compliment the recent remap and I've decided to have the Mountune52 catback removed and go back to stock.  Part of the appeal of the GTI for me is that it is understated and under the radar so for me despite the fact that it makes me smile at times, it's probably a bit much for me for a car that I cover a fair few miles in (45000 in just over 3 years).  Also, as previously mentioned not a fan of the DSG 'fart' sound and it is really accentuated with this one.  Going to leave things stock for now, but will maybe look at getting the stock unit retipped at a local custom exhaust place at some point in the future as the one thing that I like over this compared to stock is the quality compared to the stock unit tips which got pitted and were horrible to clean.  I'll leave it a while before I make any decisions on that though.

Thought that I would give the folks on here dibs as you all seem to be a nice friendly bunch (really you are, I'm not just flattering here   :grin:).  https://www.mountune52.com/collections/mk7-golf-gti/products/m52-cat-back-exhaust-system.  Retails at £999 new.  I will be looking at £650 for the catback exhaust and the billet brace that it came with.  The exhaust has done around 500 miles since installation at Mountune.  I only have the mk7 fittings, but if anyone with a 7.5 is interested I can contact Mountune to see if they can supply the fittings.  Mods -- feel free to move to for sale if not appropriate here.

If no one here is interested, it will probably end up on ebay the next time that they do one of their £1 listing promotions.  If anyone is interested I can post up a few photos of the exhaust on the car.
2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1