Author Topic: Which Pads??  (Read 2339 times)

Offline bobbieboy69er

• Here all the time
  • MK4 1.8T AUM
Which Pads??
« on: 10 October 2011, 19:10 »
Im new to the detailing game and am ordering my first DA Polisher tomorrow (Kestrel DAS-6). It comes with a 6" backing plate.

What pads do you guys recommend?  Ideally i want something that going to last, possibly machine washable?

I have been looking at the meguairs pads but i think they only come in a 7" which is a tad too big for me, i would perfer a 5 1/2 - 6.

Thanks in advance!
MK4 1.8T AUM|30mm Eibach Springs|Milltek cat back|4mo rear valance|pipercross filter|R-tech Stage 1 Remap|Baileys DV|Powerflex Front and Rear Bushes|312mm Front Brakes|Creation Motorsport TIP and hoses|17" TT Ronals|  220BHP

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Re: Which Pads??
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2011, 19:48 »
Jut missed 15% off at waxamomo on 3M pads! Have a look on their website. Lots of options.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline bobbieboy69er

• Here all the time
  • MK4 1.8T AUM
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2011, 20:00 »
Lots of options........... Thats the problem!
MK4 1.8T AUM|30mm Eibach Springs|Milltek cat back|4mo rear valance|pipercross filter|R-tech Stage 1 Remap|Baileys DV|Powerflex Front and Rear Bushes|312mm Front Brakes|Creation Motorsport TIP and hoses|17" TT Ronals|  220BHP

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2011, 20:06 »
3M pads and polishes still available at discounted prices  :laugh:

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=3M

Festool still discounted too for anyone fancy trying something different  :wink:

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=festool

Or our full range of pads:

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=machine-polishing

If you specifically want a smaller pad (5 1/2 inch) have a look at the Hex-Logic pads.
« Last Edit: 10 October 2011, 20:08 by waxamomo »

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2011, 20:09 »
Lots of options........... Thats the problem!

:laugh:  

I had this problem up until a while ago where I managed to pick up a 2nd hand DA with 3 pads (one of each of the megs pads cutting/buffing/polishing), I had the megs pads recommended to me by several people.

I think though you can't go wrong really with say 1 of eachcutting/buffing/polishing pad of 1 brand. The hex logic ones on waxamomo and lake county ones are meant to be good!!

Offline bobbieboy69er

• Here all the time
  • MK4 1.8T AUM
« Reply #5 on: 10 October 2011, 20:16 »
Waxamomo, been trying to ring you today!!

Are the 3m or hexlogic pads washable?

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #6 on: 10 October 2011, 20:49 »

I'm sure Chris/Guy will be along to put me correct if I am not already, but most pads will be washable/re usable. Run them under the tap, give em a rinse with some fairy liquid or some sort of cleaning 'stuff' then leave em in a bucket to soak and I'm sure they'll turn out good as new!

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #7 on: 11 October 2011, 07:15 »

Sorry been up the wall. Yes all pads are washable, as Si has said, under the tap with a little fairy liquid gets them looking like new again.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 11 October 2011, 08:08 »
Can't really go wrong with 3M pads and polishes :)

Offline bobbieboy69er

• Here all the time
  • MK4 1.8T AUM
« Reply #9 on: 11 October 2011, 08:31 »
3m it is then  :smiley:

Cheers chaps, ill post back when ive give them a go