Author Topic: wheel protection  (Read 2310 times)

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
  • The black Money PIT - TDi ARG MONSTER! lol
wheel protection
« on: 27 September 2011, 00:12 »
Oks I ve just finshed spraying two my rims and I wondering about protection for them now there done, been looking at poorboys rim wax is this a good product, also any recomendations would be great. And best cheapiat place to get them.

Also is do you apply same as you do on body work, any tip etc would be good as never botherd with protecting my alloys as they were fooobard before I got the car.

Repairs Since 12/09 = £1860.00  *  Follow me on INSTAGRAM = w_all_ace
! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: wheel protection
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2011, 05:09 »
I would go for Poorboys 109 jetseal then collnite 476 wax over the top !! You can also use this over your motor for winter protection  :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2011, 09:01 »
I would go for Poorboys 109 jetseal then collnite 476 wax over the top !! You can also use this over your motor for winter protection  :wink:

Poorboys, CG 109 and colli 476 is quite a combo!

You could get away with just one or two of them.

PB Wheel protector is great stuff.. But then again so is CG109 and collinite wax.

Does the OP have a wax or sealant for the car already?

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2011, 12:33 »
PB Wheel protector is great stuff.. But then again so is CG109 and collinite wax.

Guy, has some but lost it all in my move to my house along with lots of other bits and havent replaced since.

Whats the best tough wax i.e best protection ?

Thanks

! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2011, 12:37 »
I have some wolfs nano rim sealant...have not yet had a chance to use but, but give me a week and I'll let you know how it goes!

Everyone: What do you think performs better, nano solvent type products or wax?  :smiley:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2011, 19:33 »

Guy, has some but lost it all in my move to my house along with lots of other bits and havent replaced since.

Whats the best tough wax i.e best protection ?

Thanks

collinite waxes are very good on the protection stakes... especially for the money

but jetseal 109 provides very good protection too  :smiley:

i did my wheels this afternoon with PB wheel protector... will build up a good few coats in the coming month

Offline butler2.8i

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2011, 22:00 »
In my detailing process i use 2 coats of jetseal 109 on the alloys as i have found this gives a cracking level of protection to the wheels and aslo means you dont need to use a dedicated alloy cleaner as you`ll be able to use your car shampoo.

Any of the colllinite range will give a top level protection during the winter months, apllied in thin even coats and then buffed the finish left will also be stunning.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #7 on: 27 September 2011, 23:28 »
I use FK1000p and collinite 845 for wheel sealing, the Fk performs well against the high temps from the brakes and collinite stands up well against washing etc.

I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline RussZS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 28 September 2011, 22:54 »
All of the above will work well, but I would rank the Poorboys stuff bottom - the other recommendations are more durable!

GTechniq C5 and Auto Finesse Mint Rims are worth a look too.

Personally, I'd favour a selant on wheels, as like paint, they tend to keep the surface cleaner, for longer.   

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 29 September 2011, 20:45 »
. . . . loads to pic from  :laugh:

iam going towards the  jetseal 109 and colli 476 ATM but not getting any yet as need new rubber on the wheels first. As that's going to be next month i found some "Meguiars Cleaner Wax" i got for my GF's Corsa ages ago which i ve applied to them wile there in the house, then when i order my rubber ill get them orded as well.

! thePOORmansBUILD !