Author Topic: Scratched lights  (Read 984 times)

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
Scratched lights
« on: 30 March 2011, 20:52 »
Ayup,ive done a search but no joy!
I went to polish my headlights and rear lights today and came across some problems.

The rear lights are non standard inpro jobs that have been modded.

They have very faint hairline scratches on them which i find annoying.What could i use to buff these out without buggering them up?

Also the headlights are again inpro ones that have been modified.They are glass fronted but the lenses have tiny pitting like marks on them.I cant seem to scratch it off with my fingernail and the drivers side seems worse than the passenger side.
The only way i can describe the feel,is its as if someone has had a grinder nearby and showered it with grinding sparks.

Cheers lads.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Scratched lights
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2011, 21:11 »
they are stone chips in your head lights im afraid,
the rear lights are sortable with a machine polisher and some finishing compound.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2011, 21:18 »
Aaaah crap :grin:

Well at least the rear lights are saveable.Can you recommend a compound to use please?
I darnt buy a rotary polisher yet as i will want to use it on some paintwork but i can take my lights round to a mates and use his if i get the compound.

Thanks again

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2011, 21:33 »
do them on the car its much easier, yes id say use your mates polisher then, if you are using a DA it will take longer to get the correction due to the nature of the beast, a rotory will give you faster results if used correctly.

this is a good finishing polish http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Menzerna_Final_Finish_PO85RE5_250ml_1.html
or this for a bit more cut http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Menzerna_Power_Finish_PO203S_250ml_1.html

you can go over your headlights with a finishing polish then seal and wax them which will keep them cleaner for longer.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!