Author Topic: When to clay?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline starlingadey

• Not said much yet
When to clay?
« on: 19 May 2009, 09:14 »
Thanks to some brilliant posts I've got the idea of how and why to clay....but what about when to clay? Is it something for older cars only? What about a 57 plate car thats done 10k miles? Is that ready for a clay or not? Or is it a case of feeling the paintwork to judge? Thanks as always!

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: When to clay?
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2009, 09:17 »
half the time cars that have just come out of the factory need some sort of claying! a car thats done 10k will have loads of rubbish stuck to the paint, get it done!

Offline starlingadey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2009, 09:19 »
Cheers bud! Will do....

Offline stevengeelan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2009, 17:42 »
I clayed my new car (06 Mk5 with 25000miles) at the weekend for the first time and I had never used clay previously and thought it was great. I washed, clayed, polished at waxed it and found the results were excellent! I'll post some pics at soon

neo66

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2009, 10:05 »
Just clayed mine yesterday for the first time! 57Reg, 24k.
Pics to follow!. Took me a good ponder as to when to do it!

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2009, 11:33 »
I clayed my old car once -  car that had never seen a sponge, let alone a microfibre wash mitt. Paintwork was as smooth as glass afterwards.

Offline blans

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2009, 15:01 »
Bought some bilt and hamber regular clay, I can't believe how smooth the paint feels afterwards.. Did my 91' Polo and it was well worth it. Best tenner i''ve ever spent

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2009, 17:09 »
I've just received my bar of BH regular autoclay and I'm just waiting till I get enough time to try it out plus it saves a few quid only having to use water as lube  :wink: