Author Topic: 'G' Digi 8v wont idle at all when cold  (Read 1563 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: 'G' Digi 8v wont idle at all when cold
« Reply #10 on: 04 November 2009, 16:55 »
Yeah just down the road, they told me to take it down of friday or saturday and they will diagnose the problem free of charge. Will deffo be using them in the future. Thanks guys

Topher is Admin on here, :afro:

Ben is short , so dont stare at him too much, he is paranoid  :lipsrsealed:

and nick just thinks he is the boss  :grin:

Offline Alec

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 04 November 2009, 17:04 »
Haha the guy I spoke to didnt give a name, think the guy who answered said he would pass me to Chris? I dunno. How can I insert photos as a signature on here?

Offline theclash

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 04 November 2009, 20:59 »
just orderd a blue temp sender from vw myself today cost 17 quid ive got a similar problem to you mine sometimes revs on its own isv was cleaned and spotless

Offline Alec

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2009, 21:06 »
Yeah man a while ago mine used to rev very randomly, sometimes when I started it up when the engine was warm it would idle at 2-3000 rpm, then if I turned it off and tried to start it again it wouldnt have any of it, would have to wait 5-10 minutes until it would live again. Very strange little faults with my golf. I get smoke billowing out of the ignition switch area aswell but only on ignition, goes away when engine is running. Cant bring myself to gte rid of it though so looks like I'm gonna have to live with it, adds to the character  :smiley:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #14 on: 04 November 2009, 21:07 »
it was me that you spoke to, you never mentioned your name was Sir Digby Chicken Caesar :grin:

ill see if i can pinpoint which sensors need replacing and get them ordered for you.. i'll blag an oil pressure tester from somewhere

Offline Alec

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 04 November 2009, 21:49 »
Small world, only joined this forum randomly after seeing someone mention it on an aircooled vw site. Just nipped out in it to get some beers and it would seem that the light n buzzer come on at over 2500rpm whether under load or not (today anyway).
Cheers for offering to have a look at it for me, who shall I ask for when I bring it down?

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #16 on: 05 November 2009, 11:24 »
just as for chris or Topher. :afro:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #17 on: 05 November 2009, 13:06 »
just as for chris or KissTopher. :afro:

:grin:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.