Author Topic: £2100 for a modded CL, sounds a bit better =P  (Read 1155 times)

Offline SHADOW

• Just got here
£2100 for a modded CL, sounds a bit better =P
« on: 14 July 2010, 22:33 »
Hiya everyone, I previously posted a topic saying about my quote of £3500 for a standard 1.4 Golf CL but since then I have searched about a bit and found a fully modded 1.4 Golf CL. The price to insure was £2100 at 17 years of age with no claims at all. I know it's still expensive but is this really worth it or should I get a years no claims and then start with the mods?
Thanks for everyones help.
SHADOW

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: £2100 for a modded CL, sounds a bit better =P
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2010, 22:43 »
Get yourself something very cheap to run and insure for your first couple of years. Keep it standard, build up your no claims and as your insurance goes down you can think about getting something faster/modded. That's the way I went about it anyway, made a lot more sense to me than forking out £2k on insurance. Just think how much car you could get for £2100!  :wink:

Offline SHADOW

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2010, 17:47 »
Thanks mate, I should definately keep it standard for a while. I was thinking of having a CL 1.4 and just putting a set of BBS's on it for now, oh and maybe some little bit like debadged front grill, just stuff like that. What do you think?

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2010, 17:50 »
Sounds like a plan, just make sure your insurance company are aware of any mods!

I started off with a 1.4 Mk3 and it was so underpowered, but that just made it even more satisfying when i got my Gti!

Offline mumbles

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2010, 01:34 »
I had a one litre polo, totally standard.. in fact it wasn't even a whole litre.. 998cc or something, haha, ran that for two years just to get no claims up then moved up to the mk3 gti. Had some great times with my underpowered old friend! Was well worth the wait to save so much money.  :cool:

Goodluck though! It's only money  :undecided:
Wouldn't be fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?

Audi A4 Sport