Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 652728 times)

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2220 on: 24 December 2014, 20:57 »
What have I done toy mk6 today ??
Watched it drive away as I've sold it,
Sad time  :cry: :cry:

Congratulations, sad to see it go but still a nice xmas prezzie... :cool:

Did you ever get the revo dsg cruise update?
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2221 on: 24 December 2014, 21:38 »

Tbh I've given up cleaning my car over the winter haha. As soon as you wash it, the hatch gets so dirty a day later it's just not worth the 2 hours

Don't give up  :grin: 

The dirty hatch is the killer though.  Sometimes feel the same way, tempted not to bother cleaning it at all, just let it  fester for the winter, but then I cave in.   

The other day had to swap cars with my partner so he had to locate mine in my works car park.  By my standards it was filthy, but he said he found it straight off as it was still the cleanest one in the car park.  All that effort not totally wasted then  :wink: :grin:

It's currently looking very sorry for itself on the driveway  :sad:

Haha! Well, if my house was more convenient for me to wash i would do it more often :( currently i have to spend about 20 mins setting everything up before i can even foam the damn thing! What kind of products do you use? I know you like cleaning your car  :drool:
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #2222 on: 24 December 2014, 21:48 »

I am sure the new arrival will cheer you up when it arrives. Are thos silly cheap lease deals still gettable on the 7r?
I think they have stopped them now due to flooding the market and de valuing the brand ?
I always buy my cars due to modding etc  :smiley:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #2223 on: 24 December 2014, 21:49 »

Congratulations, sad to see it go but still a nice xmas prezzie... :cool:

Did you ever get the revo dsg cruise update?

Sent you a pm bud
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2224 on: 24 December 2014, 22:21 »

Always hard saying goodbye to a good car.  Hope it's gone to a decent home  :smiley:

Roll on the arrival of the R.  I'm sure you've got great things planned for it.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2225 on: 24 December 2014, 22:58 »

Haha! Well, if my house was more convenient for me to wash i would do it more often :( currently i have to spend about 20 mins setting everything up before i can even foam the damn thing! What kind of products do you use? I know you like cleaning your car  :drool:

Yeah, must be a bit of a mission.  If I didn't have the convenience of a driveway, I doubt I'd clean mine so often.

I might enjoy a spot of car cleaning  :wink:  find it weirdly therapeutic.  Use all sorts of products, spend far too much but like trying new stuff.  If you ever venture into the detailing section there's a few threads/posts in there mentioning bits I use.  Always snow foam then 2 bucket wash etc.  Couple of times a year it gets the full works: Decontamination, claying, polishing, sealing, waxing.  Fav products include:

Valet Pro Advanced snow foam or Bilt Hamber auto foam; Bilberry wheel cleaner;  Shampoos - Dodo Juice born to be mild, DJ supernatural, various Chemical Guys shampoos.  Dodo Juice waxes, esp the pro editions and Collinite 915.  Poorboys polishes and sealants, Lime Prime.  Bilt Hamber or DJ clay.  Poorboys wheel sealant. Mothers Mag & Alu metal polish;  WoWo wash mitts and wheel mitts; Wheel Woolies wheel brush, good microfibre drying towels and buffing cloths......and that's just the outside  :rolleyes:

I could go on but I've got to go wrap up a digital piano :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2226 on: 24 December 2014, 23:35 »
I would get some headphones to go with that piano booth  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2227 on: 24 December 2014, 23:40 »
I would get some headphones to go with that piano booth  :laugh:

Haha, oh don't worry charlie, I have.   Daughter recently started having piano lessons, how many stumbling renditions of jingle bells do you think we can put up with before the headphones get plugged in?  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2228 on: 25 December 2014, 00:20 »
Yep, yours is definately cleaner than that fiesta.  Wonder how bad it has to get before they finally get the sponge out  :whistle:
[/quote]

Until they get to a car wash I'm betting or its in for a service. I know for a fact if mine was that dirty it would only be for a day or 2, can't stand having a dirty car!

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2229 on: 25 December 2014, 09:45 »
Today I will mostly be delivering presents in it :)

Merry Xmas everyone :)

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive