Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 652429 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1970 on: 12 October 2014, 19:18 »
Are we talking oem rubber mats as they have a lip on the edge to stop dirt rolling off. Find mine much better and easier to clean than the carpet mats.

Yeah mine are oem and have a raised edge but I still find dirt gathers round the edges.  I do visit some very muddy sites and always change out of dirty boots to minimise mud transfer but it still gets everywhere  :undecided:

Guess it's down to personal preference but carpet ones do the job better for me  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1971 on: 13 October 2014, 13:50 »
Swapped over to my winter floor mats, after vacuuming half the countryside out of the driver's footwell.  Good clean, checked oil, coolant levels and topped up air in tyres.

Did the same, needs a good wash now, looking rather sorry for herself ...

You still not washed that car yet Whitehawk  :whistle:

Mine's sparkling now..........for about a day  :laugh:

Sadly not. It's been about 3 weeks now and went camping weekend just gone. So looking rather sorry for itself.   :sad:

Still it's booked in for a service soon so hoping they will be kind enough to wash it for me.  :tongue:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1972 on: 13 October 2014, 14:31 »
Still it's booked in for a service soon so hoping they will be kind enough to wash it for me.  :tongue:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Mine has this sign hung from the mirror whenever it goes near the dealership.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1973 on: 13 October 2014, 17:24 »

:shocked:  Are you mad? Don't let them touch it, not unless you fancy a nice swirly pattern on your paintwork.

I also have a sign (not as professional as dubber's) a massive cardboard one that takes up most of the front seats saying "do NOT wash this car".  Also a luggage tag attached to the keys saying same and then I make sure they write it on the work schedule, underline and highlight it.  Overkill maybe but it works  :wink: :evil:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1974 on: 13 October 2014, 17:29 »
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/14/thumbnail/6e9yvyry.jpg

I have a few of these in A4 size  around the cars interior and a smaller one in the ashtray area.

I also tell them to not wash or vac the car.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 18:34 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1975 on: 13 October 2014, 18:54 »
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/14/thumbnail/6e9yvyry.jpg

I have a few of these in A4 size  around the cars interior and a smaller one in the ashtray area.

I also tell them to not wash or vac the car.

I like that, I'll clean it before it goes in hopefully and then they won't have a chance to, i just need to stop being lazy and get it done!

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1976 on: 13 October 2014, 18:56 »

:shocked:  Are you mad? Don't let them touch it, not unless you fancy a nice swirly pattern on your paintwork.

I also have a sign (not as professional as dubber's) a massive cardboard one that takes up most of the front seats saying "do NOT wash this car".  Also a luggage tag attached to the keys saying same and then I make sure they write it on the work schedule, underline and highlight it.  Overkill maybe but it works  :wink: :evil:

Not after just having it machine polished I will give them the advice on not to then ....

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1977 on: 13 October 2014, 19:31 »
Talk about p1ss on my spending spree ......... :angry:, I was all set to order some coilovers today,but last night on my way home the AC started making the same whining noise as earlier in the year when I had the compressor and dryer replaced under warranty only 678 miles ago(3 months), bollox, now, instead of some enjoyable spending on some Scandinavian beauties  I have the chore  to go  get all the revo Maps removed before it goes to vw for more warranty work...phuking POS vw aircon made of chocolate.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1978 on: 13 October 2014, 20:07 »

Gave them another coat of wax during the rain showers were I couldn't work on the leon outside.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 20:13 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1979 on: 13 October 2014, 20:28 »

Gave them another coat of wax during the rain showers were I couldn't work on the leon outside.

I keep seeing people with Mk2 and Mk6 combos, I need to get on this band wagon! they both look mint!