Author Topic: Anyone looking for a new Golf R?  (Read 1001 times)

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
Anyone looking for a new Golf R?
« on: 13 January 2024, 10:40 »
Vertu Volkswagen in Mansfield --North Notts have a brand new Golf R for immediate delivery if any one is interested

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
Re: Anyone looking for a new Golf R?
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2024, 10:43 »
Vertu Volkswagen in Mansfield --North Notts have a brand new Golf R for immediate delivery if any one is interested

Lots of dealers have them on immediate delivery with discounts atm struggling with sales on everything dealers are just now.

Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2024, 20:12 »
Cancelled orders with ridiculous waits finally coming to the dealerships?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2024, 21:39 »
I think most of the long wait orders arrived in Sept/Oct/Nov MH, my car was ordered at close of play on the last day of ordering in May and arrived slightly ahead of prediction in mid Dec.
Some cars already in dealers will be cancelled orders as they’ve been sat a while but most of these late ones coming through seem to be typical ‘dealer allocation’ cars in ‘end of run’ spec same as they did with mk6/7/7.5 with a load of factory add ons like sunroofs, upgraded wheels, H&K (this wasn’t even available to spec for ages on customer orders) and leather in a mix and match spec. These cars will usually be offered in my experience with discounts amounting to most of the options cost so that VWFS still get at least base cost on PCP deals. After a certain time they’ll be ordered by the importer to be pre registered and seem to have underwritten discounts on them, but of course the PCP rates on used cars will be much higher. I’m sure evo1986 will be familiar with the actually way VW run these end of line promotions, I’m just going from what I’ve seen in previous iterations as I’ve taken advantage of the deals in the past.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2024, 08:01 »
I'm sure my S3 was a stock car with a standard list of extras. There was few coming through with the same extras I wouldn't necessarily add - high beam assist, red brake calipers, some sound and assistance pack (B&O, parking assist plus) probably a few other bits in that pack I can't remember.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2024, 08:31 »
When you got your S3 they were having a parts clear out run before they switched to run out model black editions. This year we’ll see a whole raft of “all new” Golf, Leon, A3 and I’ll presume Octavia released. It’ll keep the YouTubers busy I guess.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2024, 09:21 »
When you got your S3 they were having a parts clear out run before they switched to run out model black editions. This year we’ll see a whole raft of “all new” Golf, Leon, A3 and I’ll presume Octavia released. It’ll keep the YouTubers busy I guess.

If only they'd found some ambient light components for the S3 when mine was being built - my car's very dark on a night (just buttons and screens illuminated) - presumably those components were made in the Ukraine for them to be missing from spec for the best part of 2 years (Black edition has them now).

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 14 January 2024, 10:03 »
I was thinking more about the silvery grey parts being run down but I’m very surprised to read that the interior ambient was removed on the S3. I’d seen a few posts around the M135i having bits of spec deleted and Harman Kardon etc. but was unaware Audi were at it too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2024, 11:23 »
I was thinking more about the silvery grey parts being run down but I’m very surprised to read that the interior ambient was removed on the S3. I’d seen a few posts around the M135i having bits of spec deleted and Harman Kardon etc. but was unaware Audi were at it too.

Ambient lighting was in the official spec but from May 2020 until black edition from Summer 2023, Audi reserved the right not to fit, and mine didn't have it. It did have the luggage pack fitted in lieu - lashed netting in boot, hard shells and netting on the vacuum of the front seats and some additional foldaway ring surrounds in the front cupholders. There were no puddle lights in the doors either. I retrofitted those with replacement looms, as there were "Audi beams" supplied with the car which were supposed to be a 5 min swap out with the standard puddle lights (had they been fitted). The covers for the door card bolts were such a bugger to remove, I wouldn't remove them again to retrofit the ambient pack.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2024, 15:47 »
Not a job you want to repeat in a hurry then MH!
My Ed40 didn’t have ambient lighting and it was no great hardship to be honest.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner