Author Topic: ERROR: 12V supply. Stop vehicle safely!  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
Re: ERROR: 12V supply. Stop vehicle safely!
« Reply #10 on: 14 January 2024, 18:25 »
The first thing I do is turn off STOP/START, the dealership said they charged the battery overnight, not sure if they did anything else as it’s not happened again since that one time, it never struggled to start, so not sure why it actually did it, service blamed it on only being used at the weekends, but even with that I do around 1000 miles a month, so it’s not through lack of use. 🤷‍♂️
@Valentino, I turned lane assist off with OBD11 the day I got the car, it’s been back to the dealership several times and they never mentioned it, they updated the software on two separate occasions too (latest being 1941), and have also had the touch screen replaced under warranty, the updated didn’t even wipe the lane assist coding change, just go ahead and do it, you won’t have any problems regarding warranty, you’re not actually changing anything, all you’re doing is flicking a virtual switch, the ability to do so is built into the software from factory.
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: ERROR: 12V supply. Stop vehicle safely!
« Reply #11 on: 14 January 2024, 21:32 »
I had the same warning come up the other day.

I'd started the car and driven a few yards when I spotted my neighbour and stopped for a chin wag.

The car auto stopped and everything was fine for about five minutes then that warning came up.

Was a bit weird but it started back up OK and I've seen nothing since.

More transient bs from vw probably
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC