Author Topic: My clubsport is finally here, and it’s awesome!  (Read 2236 times)

Offline The_Doc

• Not said much yet
My clubsport is finally here, and it’s awesome!
« on: 10 November 2023, 20:42 »
After a nice long wait, I took delivery of my Clubsport last week and took it straight to the detailers for PPF on the front end, sills, and boot lip, and ceramic everywhere else. Got it back yesterday and it’s unbelievably glossy. Glad to say she drives like she looks now too, everything I was missing after selling my 7.5. I’ll take some more pics when I stop driving it long enough, but for now you’ll have to do with the shots from collection courtesy of Just Car Care. Also, anyone in the northeast who’s looking, I can’t recommend them enough. It looks stunning inside and out.

Current - MK8 CS - Dolphin Grey, DCC, Black Estoril, Rear Camera, Sunroof, Winter Pack, Harmon Kardon

Previous and sorely missed - MK7.5 GTI Perf, Indium Grey, Brescias, Art Velours, Rear Camera

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
Re: My clubsport is finally here, and it’s awesome!
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2023, 20:57 »
That is one good looking car, looks mega. Health to enjoy.👍🏻
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2023, 22:27 »
Worth the wait lovely looking car. Performance hatchback cars like this will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future.

Offline DSGboy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2023, 08:58 »

Your CS looks stunning. Thanks for the recommendation for JCC.  I’ve made a note to investigate further - knowing a decent detail can help maximise the price when selling, and also add so much after buying a previously owned car.   Im about half an hour away.

Enjoy your new car.
Gone. Mk6 GTI DSG, 2012 ,5dr , DPB, 18’s, Leather, Dynaudio, Cruise, DAB, Auto Mirrors, Storage Pack, TPMS.
Current. Mk7.5 R DSG, 2019, 5dr, DPB,  Pretorias, Leather, Memory Seat,  Climate Screen, Rear Camera, Black Caps

Offline The_Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2023, 17:10 »
Had the chance of a proper drive today, though sticking well within the break-in parameters, god is it fun. Feels properly planted, sounds good too, even in comfort. Much deeper and more throaty than the A35. Much more useable torque too.

Current - MK8 CS - Dolphin Grey, DCC, Black Estoril, Rear Camera, Sunroof, Winter Pack, Harmon Kardon

Previous and sorely missed - MK7.5 GTI Perf, Indium Grey, Brescias, Art Velours, Rear Camera

Offline Parttimer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2023, 19:20 »
That looks awesome. Enjoy, I'm just approaching 1000 miles with mine and have no regrets swapping from a 7.5 R.

Offline WAWGTi

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2023, 20:47 »
Lovely looking car 👌🏼

Offline BingVW

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 11 November 2023, 21:13 »
That looks immense enjoy mate, I've had my Mk8 GTi 5 days and it's immense.
Mk2 16v GTi - Past
Mk2 VR6 transplant - Past
Mk8 GTi  Moonstone grey- Current
997 Turbo manual - Cobolt Blue- Current

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 12 November 2023, 06:50 »
Arty farty studio shots aside, that’s some impressive shine Doc and the Dolphin looks fab.
Great to see you’re enjoying the car at long last  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 12 November 2023, 06:56 »
Had the chance of a proper drive today, though sticking well within the break-in parameters, god is it fun. Feels properly planted, sounds good too, even in comfort. Much deeper and more throaty than the A35. Much more useable torque too.

@The_Doc; I’m not normally a fan of black alloys but the combination of Dolphin Grey paintwork and gloss black alloys looks really good :cool:. It’s also good that VW offer an alloy wheel option that isn’t diamond cut (I dislike diamond cut alloys with a passion!).

Don’t stay parked on those double yellow lines for too long; you don’t want to get a parking ticket with your new car! :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl