Author Topic: Breaking proximity.  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: Breaking proximity.
« Reply #10 on: 03 July 2021, 13:00 »
Which model have you got?
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 03 July 2021, 17:05 »
The only thing I have heard is eco assist and I need to turn this off.  It’s always when coasting and the eco symbol pops up, even in sports mode.  I cant find how to turn off eco assist tho.  It’s in all automatics models.  As usual the manual is no help.  And VW are not getting back to me.
Right....but eco assist is not making the car brake.  Eco assist is making the car feel 'more free' when on (coasting) and 'less free' when off....but you seem as though you want to be rid of the 'braking' (the natural resistance from the engine which is not actually anything to do with the brakes) which is not possible....so I am not really sure what you're trying to do here.

The ONLY time the car will apply the brakes on it's own is when using ACC....or if the car detects a potential emergency and this will be a sharp application of the brakes accompanied by a long beep and huge red warning flash on the AID.

If your car is genuinely braking outside of these situations then my advice would be to take it to your dealer and let them experience it for themselves.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2021, 17:17 by Brocky_ »
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline VeliVel

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 03 July 2021, 17:37 »
It was eco assist that was the problem.  Now it’s coasting smooth. I now get the 2 close symbol on dash now instead it was just pushing the car away.  If anyone has not had that on (mine was on from new) but try it.  It’s horrible especially on the lanes if your behind anyone or coming to the end of a road or rb.  It’s breaking lightly none stop. 

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 03 July 2021, 17:47 »
It was eco assist that was the problem.  Now it’s coasting smooth. I now get the 2 close symbol on dash now instead it was just pushing the car away.  If anyone has not had that on (mine was on from new) but try it.  It’s horrible especially on the lanes if your behind anyone or coming to the end of a road or rb.  It’s breaking lightly none stop.
I am still not sure that Eco Assist would make the car brake when in proximity to another car or a roundabout or junction. 

So what did you do to stop it doing it?
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #14 on: 03 July 2021, 23:09 »
I’m so confused it doesn’t sound very GTI whatever it’s doing especially with you saying about it being a 1.5 so still interested to know what model it is you’ve got!!!!
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver