Author Topic: Farts, pops and bangs  (Read 800 times)

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
Farts, pops and bangs
« on: 08 June 2021, 18:18 »
Hi all, just wondering what noises to expect with my Clubsport when I get it later this week.

My old GTi Edition 30 have the occasional DSG fart when being driven with enthusiasm and my Mk7 R and Clubsport would fart as well as pop and bang when lifting the throttle and I wondered what, if any, the Mk 8 CS does.

Many thanks all

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Farts, pops and bangs
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2021, 18:46 »
Not really. There is a bit of over run but the combination of the gpf and new eu noise limit regulations means its not very saucy without changing the exhaust.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2021, 19:12 »
Yeah, there’s not an awful lot of exhaust dramatics going on but it has a pleasantly sporty tone. I run mine with my back seats down which does help with acoustics (the seats are folded because I’m always lugging crap around; gingerly transporting a large Anita Harris pottery collection doesn’t mix well with Clubsport handling).

Best bet is to rely on in-cab exhaust noises, eating jambalaya is recommended.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2021, 19:56 »
I recommend Jamaica ginger cake with a healthy dose of Bob Marley... Spicy and smooth.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC