Author Topic: Clubsport best tyre pressures?  (Read 1820 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Clubsport best tyre pressures?
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2021, 21:15 »
It is strange... And of course this is the oem values not someone setting them to maybe their favourite...

I can only assume its to offset the co2. It definitely doesn't need 41 does it?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2021, 11:16 »
Sorry, hectic week, I only glanced at your sticker Fred and didn’t notice the psi difference. The only thing my brain registered was “goodness me there’s lots of numbers on there compared to mine and in my rush I’d forgotten to whizz my photo through a 90 degree turn”
I put the extra info down to the fact yours has DCC and factory 19’s.
A few psi like that would definitely make the ride a bit jigglier and affect the steering turn in, but is almost certainly more of an emissions led figure. The M135i also had 40 odd psi in the tyres.
With all the incredibly clever electronics on modern engines achieving super high power outputs despite cats and gpf’s strangling the exhausts it’s such an easy tweak to use tyre pressures to squeeze those last few digits of exhaust emissions under the target figure.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 12 June 2021, 11:35 »
That's interesting.

My CS has 19's and DCC from the factory, like Fred's has, but my sticker is like yours Exonian. i.e. 41 psi all round and no other alternatives...

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 12 June 2021, 12:58 »
Probably perfectly OK to run them at 38 then... I actually suspect 38 is a bit tweaked too and 36 all round would be good.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 12 June 2021, 22:45 »
That's interesting.

My CS has 19's and DCC from the factory, like Fred's has, but my sticker is like yours Exonian. i.e. 41 psi all round and no other alternatives...

Oh! That must mean those are the Clubsport recommendations no matter what the spec. That’s really helpful, having gone from 18’s to 19’s myself and wondered if the recommended pressures might have been a wee bit different
:afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2021, 23:16 »
That's interesting.

Oh! That must mean those are the Clubsport recommendations no matter what the spec. That’s really helpful, having gone from 18’s to 19’s myself and wondered if the recommended pressures might have been a wee bit different
:afro:

Yes, that would be my conclusion as well. I wonder why though?