Author Topic: DTD ordering process  (Read 4278 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: DTD ordering process
« Reply #10 on: 01 June 2021, 19:01 »
Those used prices are nuts - I've just accepted £17150 for my 2 year old Polo GTI+,  that I paid £20700 for (RRP £24240 at the time). Amazing how they're all bumped up by (partially) the word shortage of chips as a result of covid closures. I was going to go with Motorway, but I've heard they chip away at prices to a lesser extent than WBAC, so sold it to the place that took my R. Great time to chop a newish car in.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 01 June 2021, 19:03 »
Another consideration here is if you think the offers from the car buying sites will continue to rise. My offers have increased for my MK7.5 R by £5000 since April. I guess it's a gamble really but I'm going to wait it out anyway and see. It's all about supply and demand so I guess if the current shortage of pretty much everything continues then the price of these used cars will continue to rise.

I don't want to buy another car while I'm waiting for mine to be built so I'll just keep the R and sell it for what it's worth at the time.
Also would it be silly to sell for a good price then pay a premium for something else kind of defeats the object but then again my new car price is fixed so that goes in my favour.

Sell the old one, get the new one, and if used prices continue to rise, sell the new one. At some point somethings got to give - while you can still order a new one, there's got to be a tangible difference between the new and nearly new car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 01 June 2021, 19:06 »
Yeah chips, covid and LEZ.... Perfect storm.

But you can only cash in on it if you don't need your car because likely as not you won't be able to get a new one because of the chip problem. Its a massive problem and caused by the car industry not playing by the same rules as the consumer technology one... Which means they get dumped when the chips are scarce because they aren't priority because they only want to do JIT and not order a gazillion at a time...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #13 on: 02 June 2021, 06:09 »
. I was going to go with Motorway, but I've heard they chip away at prices to a lesser extent than WBAC, so sold it to the place that took my R. Great time to chop a newish car in.
Ive used motorway twice now. Both on 4 yr old cars. Both times got exactly what the top offer on the website offered. I guess it all depends what the dealer who gave the best offer is like. I had no issues. Both times a dealer salesman came out simply walked round, sat inside, then said right lets get the paperwork done. Ive asked before if they wanted to look at it further and had the responce they would prep it anyway.
Wbac went round the first car with a fine toothcomb and knocked a huge chunk off the offer price. Didnt ho back for the second car.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 02 June 2021, 09:01 »
Some interesting replies guys. If I can secure a good discount I’m going to change. I’ll have £5k equity in the car at a potential October delivery date, more if it goes on longer with them holding the part ex for me. Seems mad. Used prices might hold, might go up or down but I like to know what’s in front of me when making a financial decision so it’s a bit of a no brainer.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 02 June 2021, 09:48 »
From what I understand if the dealer is making you that offer and holding it, can you not just see when the time comes if the car buying sites offer better value? You can't lose then.

Did you try DTD again today and ask if the offer on the 45 is still available? Seems unreasonable tactics to try and pressure sell to you when it's on their configurator.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 02 June 2021, 13:19 »
Good point. I’ll definitely try that.

Ideally I want to find a dealer who comes near DTD. It did feel like pressure tactics at the time.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 June 2021, 13:38 »
I got a deal at Murrays VW for my Golf R Performance Pack which matched a quote I originally got from Coast2Coast.  Also Evo1984 on this very forum was an absolute legend and also very kindly matched the quote as well. 

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 02 June 2021, 14:50 »
Thanks for the info. If Lee is at Cheltenham, it’s a fair drive for me still. Might be worth a shot. I’ve got a few dealers I’m speaking to this week.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 June 2021, 20:23 »
I got a deal at Murrays VW for my Golf R Performance Pack which matched a quote I originally got from Coast2Coast.  Also Evo1984 on this very forum was an absolute legend and also very kindly matched the quote as well.

Thanks for shout out 👍🏻 I’m still here had a few weeks off work but would love to take an order for one of those stunning cars
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.