Author Topic: DTD ordering process  (Read 4267 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
DTD ordering process
« on: 01 June 2021, 13:55 »
Hi all,

Just been on the phone with DTD and they told me that their offer for the CS45 is only valid today. Presume this is usual salesman twaddle. Never ordered through them but finding it very difficult to get CS45 discounts unlike my previous cars.

Thanks in advance.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: DTD ordering process
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2021, 14:34 »
Oh and the part ex I’m getting from dealers is mind blowing. £27000 but holding the valuation until a car arrives. WBAC are offering more but not with a 20-26 week wait. I only paid £30k for my R new because of the discount achievable on a late 7.5 R. Mental.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2021, 14:56 »
On the part ex, there is massive demand for LEZ compliant second hand cars. Its caused such a surge in demand coupled with the supply being super low due to lockdown.

Losing 3k in 2 years on a car #winning  :cool:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2021, 15:39 »
Exactly Fred. I’ve had dealers phoning me asking if I’m selling my car. It’s crazy and I wasn’t really ready to change but it seems crazy not to. If that makes sense!
« Last Edit: 01 June 2021, 17:25 by king monkey »

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2021, 16:01 »
Used car valuations seem abnormally high right now, so if you're contemplating a new one now could be a good time to swap as long as you can still get a decent discount and crucially, a sensible lead time.

If AutoTrader is to believed, my GTD has only dropped by about £1,300 in the 18 months since I bought it. However at the start of the first lockdown it was a different story.
7.5 GTD

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2021, 16:26 »
Hi all,

Just been on the phone with DTD and they told me that their offer for the CS45 is only valid today. Presume this is usual salesman twaddle. Never ordered through them but finding it very difficult to get CS45 discounts unlike my previous cars.

Thanks in advance.

It’s cause the dealer my be after closing a quota of cars that will need ordering. If he finishes it then your offer is out.

Suprised have had trouble getting money off, I got nearly £6k off mine
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2021, 16:41 »

Motorway.co.uk
Or
Wizzle

If selling your car.

Wbac have to pay Philip Schofield his cut  :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2021, 17:23 »
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

No trouble with DTD but local dealers. It’s not discountable etc. Normally dealers who are willing to match too.

It’s cause the dealer my be after closing a quota of cars that will need ordering. If he finishes it then your offer is out.

Suprised have had trouble getting money off, I got nearly £6k off mine

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2021, 17:24 »

Motorway.co.uk
Or
Wizzle

If selling your car.

Wbac have to pay Philip Schofield his cut  :grin:

These two offered more but without the security of the 5 plus month wait the offer will surely change. Dealers are willing to honour it.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2021, 18:55 »
Another consideration here is if you think the offers from the car buying sites will continue to rise. My offers have increased for my MK7.5 R by £5000 since April. I guess it's a gamble really but I'm going to wait it out anyway and see. It's all about supply and demand so I guess if the current shortage of pretty much everything continues then the price of these used cars will continue to rise.

I don't want to buy another car while I'm waiting for mine to be built so I'll just keep the R and sell it for what it's worth at the time.
Also would it be silly to sell for a good price then pay a premium for something else kind of defeats the object but then again my new car price is fixed so that goes in my favour.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7