Author Topic: Hullavington Friday 24th Sept  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
Hullavington Friday 24th Sept
« on: 29 September 2010, 12:51 »
Took the Golf to Hullavington last Friday. The suspension worked as it should with the old rubber top mounts and bearings which was a relief after the hassles with the Flo Flex ones.
The day stayed dry despite the cr@p weather forecast. The Golf performed well all day with no issues apart from the rubbish drivers.
There were some quick cars about on the day, a Noble which was storming round and a 996 GT3RS which was very quick until something let go and he was pouring out smoke.
We managed 8 sessions and finished off a set of Toyo front tyres.
The new oil pressure gauge works well and gives readings that I would expect to be seeing instead of making them up like the last one!
The brakes were spongy on the way home but had no issues with them out on the track.
Two more track days booked in for this year.
Work still to be done - bleed brakes again, fit rear perspex windows, fit fibreglass front wings, fit fibreglass rear hatch, sort out and fit some better front top mounts, and learn to drive faster. :grin:
A short vid attached showing the importance of tightening your wheel nuts :embarassed:

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii211/Paul86S2/?action=view&current=205lostawheel.mp4

Paul

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Hullavington Friday 24th Sept
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2010, 15:45 »
Whooooaaaahhhh there Pug!   :grin: :grin:

Didn't look that challening a corner.