Author Topic: Mk8 gti ordering  (Read 44564 times)

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 gti ordering
« Reply #220 on: 06 January 2021, 15:07 »
Just had a look there, the Irish brochure tech specs for the CS say the CO2 range is from 168-171g while the UK brochure gives a range of 167-170g. Oddly though the front of the Irish price list then has a starting rate of 167g...

The mind boggles...
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #221 on: 07 January 2021, 20:17 »
So after a test drive in a new GTI last week, my order is gone in for Clubsport in Moonstone with winter pack, reverse camera and H/K audio.
I'm keeping the unpopular wheels :whistle: as I don't mind them and they won't add to the value come trade in.

Expect it to be ready in March  :grin:

I'm taking the step into PCP for the first time. While I never thought PCP would be  a product I'd ever go for I actually think VW do it well.

The way I understand it is that they aim for you to have a reasonable residual at the end to role over the next time whereas when I enquired about PCP through BMW they said I'd have no equity come end of term so I'd have to save my next deposit while making the PCP payments.

I thought the GTI was great on test drive apart from the buttonless design which is fiddley but has been covered enough at this stage. It'll be a matter of just getting used to it.

If you're going PCP on a DSG GTI, the Clubsport is the only sensible option as the repayments are only marginally higher than the GTI due to the higher GMFV of the Clubsport.

So roll on March  :cool:
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #222 on: 07 January 2021, 20:26 »
So after a test drive in a new GTI last week, my order is gone in for Clubsport in Moonstone with winter pack, reverse camera and H/K audio.
I'm keeping the unpopular wheels :whistle: as I don't mind them and they won't add to the value come trade in.

Expect it to be ready in March  :grin:

I'm taking the step into PCP for the first time. While I never thought PCP would be  a product I'd ever go for I actually think VW do it well.

The way I understand it is that they aim for you to have a reasonable residual at the end to role over the next time whereas when I enquired about PCP through BMW they said I'd have no equity come end of term so I'd have to save my next deposit while making the PCP payments.

I thought the GTI was great on test drive apart from the buttonless design which is fiddley but has been covered enough at this stage. It'll be a matter of just getting used to it.

If you're going PCP on a DSG GTI, the Clubsport is the only sensible option as the repayments are only marginally higher than the GTI due to the higher GMFV of the Clubsport.

So roll on March  :cool:

Nice one! Are you dealing with one of the dealers in Dublin? Did you trade the MK7.5?

I came very close to pulling the trigger myself before Christmas but I parked the idea in the short term as I've other priorities pulling out of my wallet right now. I hope to revisit that plan though and will perhaps order one later, in the next few months!

Picking a colour is the hard part...

You will definitely have reasonable equity in the car after 3 years. The GFMV is about 22k - I would expect a 3 year old CS to be worth in excess of 30k on a trade in, so at least 8k equity, maybe a bit more. I did a PCP on a Golf R a few years ago and came out of it with healthy equity. Unfortunately I put that equity into a BMW  :angry:

P.S. I think I recognise your posts from boards.ie also ;)

« Last Edit: 07 January 2021, 20:36 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #223 on: 07 January 2021, 20:44 »
Yea Joe, trading into Joe Duffy Dublin North.

I might still throw it up on DoneDeal closer the time and see if I get a bit more for it but happy with the trade regardless.

They had a few GTI's over there. Dolphin, Kings Red and Moonstone.

I wasn't overly impressed with the KR but I was never a fan of the Tornado either so that's just me.

The Dolphin Grey looks great on the GTI but the Clubsport accents don't stand out as much judging by the pics and videos online.

I wasn't initially into the Moonstone in the GTI but the Clubsport accents really pop in this colour.

There are so many good colours to choose from though, the whites would look great, reflex silver too!! It wasn't an easy decision but I did have to choose one and Moonstone it is!!

Yea I'm hoping that it'll be exactly like what you're saying. 8-10k equity all going well.

Did you do PCP with BMW? If so, was that your experience, that you end up with nothing to roll over?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #224 on: 07 January 2021, 20:52 »
Yea Joe, trading into Joe Duffy Dublin North.

I might still throw it up on DoneDeal closer the time and see if I get a bit more for it but happy with the trade regardless.

They had a few GTI's over there. Dolphin, Kings Red and Moonstone.

I wasn't overly impressed with the KR but I was never a fan of the Tornado either so that's just me.

The Dolphin Grey looks great on the GTI but the Clubsport accents don't stand out as much judging by the pics and videos online.

I wasn't initially into the Moonstone in the GTI but the Clubsport accents really pop in this colour.

There are so many good colours to choose from though, the whites would look great, reflex silver too!! It wasn't an easy decision but I did have to choose one and Moonstone it is!!

Yea I'm hoping that it'll be exactly like what you're saying. 8-10k equity all going well.

Did you do PCP with BMW? If so, was that your experience, that you end up with nothing to roll over?

I'm not that keen on KR either. It doesn't look like a "sporty" colour to me, a bit too Burgundy/wine! More suited to a Passat or the likes imo. I'd say when it comes to it I'd probably go for one of the greys or white. My BMW was grey (a kinda flat, primer looking grey like moonstone actually), grey always looks smart.

Yeah so 3 years ago I sold my R back to VW in a rush, got a nice chunk of equity out of it and used that equity for a deposit on a (demo) BMW 420d. PCP again, but the APR was higher (4.9% I think).

I never warmed to the car too much... just missed the hot hatch driving experience. And last September I decided to cut my losses. Was barely using it due to working from home. I sold the car and when I had the finance cleared I only had about 3.5k equity. So not quite zero equity, but nowhere near as good as the equity I had with the Golf.

I think VW structure the PCP deals far more favourably.

I'd love to see the GTI in the metal in a couple of different colours. Not easy with this Covid thing never going away...
« Last Edit: 07 January 2021, 20:54 by JoeGTI »

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #225 on: 07 January 2021, 21:10 »
The KR doesn't look bad by any means but yea, maybe "not that sporty" is the right way to put it. I know some people here have ordered it so I wouldn't like to offend anyone on their choices but as will be dually noted, my choice of wheels is far from popular so each to their own!!  :grin:

I was tempted to consider the BMW 330e as a neighbor has one and looks great but having come from a long line of saloons, last one being an A7, I've decided to stick with the hot hatch till family responsibilities dictate otherwise.

I feel VW are more transparent with what you get for your money, even to the extent of informing you that the majority of the options list will have very little impact on future trade in value. They don't lead you into ticking all the boxes and thinking you'll get your money back for them.

We've all had enough of Covid at this stage!! It's ruining everything!! I do consider myself lucky and don't take it for granted that I'm in a position to change car during all of this though.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #226 on: 07 January 2021, 21:31 »
The KR doesn't look bad by any means but yea, maybe "not that sporty" is the right way to put it. I know some people here have ordered it so I wouldn't like to offend anyone on their choices but as will be dually noted, my choice of wheels is far from popular so each to their own!!  :grin:

I was tempted to consider the BMW 330e as a neighbor has one and looks great but having come from a long line of saloons, last one being an A7, I've decided to stick with the hot hatch till family responsibilities dictate otherwise.

I feel VW are more transparent with what you get for your money, even to the extent of informing you that the majority of the options list will have very little impact on future trade in value. They don't lead you into ticking all the boxes and thinking you'll get your money back for them.

We've all had enough of Covid at this stage!! It's ruining everything!! I do consider myself lucky and don't take it for granted that I'm in a position to change car during all of this though.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the standard wheels, but you're completely right too in concluding that you'll never get your money back on upgrading them. None of the options are worth anything come trade in time. However the right options certainly make the car a bit more desirable or make a dealer more eager to deal with you... e.g. when I was looking to offload my R, the first thing dealers asked me was did it have the Pretoria wheels (yes) or the Pano roof (no!).

You could always put a nice set of Pretoria's on your new CS later on... I think a set of prets would look brilliant on the CS, its something I'd consider doing.

I couldn't bring myself to buy another BMW saloon... lovely cars and all that, but the BMW diesel saloon ownership experience killed my enthusiasm for cars.

Re Covid, one thing thats holding me back from ordering the CS is - do I actually need a car? I'm working from home and probably will be for most/all of this year!

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #227 on: 10 January 2021, 13:31 »
New member here but no stranger to VW having owned a GTI 7 > R7.5.

Currently have a Polo GTI but have decided to sell to free up funds and dive into PCP for the 1st time.

After a GTI CS in silver. Would have liked 19s and rear camera but DTD quoted 19 week lead time so it will have to be a stock one in silver.

Not ordered yet, still trying to find the cheapest PCP deal for my requirements.  3K deposit, 3 year term (< £400 /month).  GFV based on my requirements comes in at 18.6k.  DTD is winning at the moment...

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #228 on: 10 January 2021, 14:10 »
Vwfs is the same everywhere. You just need to hunt the lowest cash price but bear in mind dealer stock is a rare thing, you might be best off just taking the deal on the table if you don't want to wait for a factory build. The stock won't last long.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #229 on: 10 January 2021, 14:57 »
New member here but no stranger to VW having owned a GTI 7 > R7.5.

Currently have a Polo GTI but have decided to sell to free up funds and dive into PCP for the 1st time.

After a GTI CS in silver. Would have liked 19s and rear camera but DTD quoted 19 week lead time so it will have to be a stock one in silver.

Not ordered yet, still trying to find the cheapest PCP deal for my requirements.  3K deposit, 3 year term (< £400 /month).  GFV based on my requirements comes in at 18.6k.  DTD is winning at the moment...

Hello and welcome.  :smiley:
I recently did something similar, taking a stock car for my first ever PCP to free up cash for my son (house deposit for him).
Have a word with evo1986 on here as he had a demo plus two stock cars delivered and also works for a large retailer group so might be able to lay his hands on more.
His headline price might not get to DTD level but if you have a VW part-ex the overall costs might be similar, it’s worked for me in the past.

It’s easy to add alloy wheels afterwards, the rear camera will also probably be a fairly easy retrofit once we know what parts are needed (being as the car is basically a mk7 it shouldn’t be too terrible a job). I’d be quite keen on something like a Helix sub too which may or may not be possible using mk7 parts.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner