Author Topic: Infotainment screen brightness  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
Re: Infotainment screen brightness
« Reply #20 on: 22 October 2022, 11:19 »
What does SWaP mean?
SoftWare as Product (basically you tell the servers in Germany to add it to the options on your car so that any new update of firmwares don’t remove them) you can check out what products you have by looking at the FEC’s listed in your MIB
Basically a upgrade that you can buy (although there are other ways now that don’t require going through VW’s main servers in Germany)
But also some cars if you enable performance monitor the gauges read zero due to either incorrect hardware or firmware

I could go on and tell you how FEC’s work but that’ll probably bore you😂
« Last Edit: 22 October 2022, 11:34 by Vwjap »

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 22 October 2022, 11:52 »
The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask.
Feel free to bore away👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 22 October 2022, 12:27 »
What does SWaP mean?
SoftWare as Product (basically you tell the servers in Germany to add it to the options on your car so that any new update of firmwares don’t remove them) you can check out what products you have by looking at the FEC’s listed in your MIB
Basically a upgrade that you can buy (although there are other ways now that don’t require going through VW’s main servers in Germany)
But also some cars if you enable performance monitor the gauges read zero due to either incorrect hardware or firmware

Thanks for that. It isn't the end of the world not having it that is for sure.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 22 October 2022, 13:46 »
What does SWaP mean?

Thanks for that. It isn't the end of the world not having it that is for sure.
Yeah I’ve got it, saw what it looked like, thought that’s cool, never looked at it again 😂

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 22 October 2022, 17:08 »
Use it to keep track of oil temp so I can have other data in the instrument screen. Don't use satnav much.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.