Author Topic: Alarms  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Rossi

• Just got here
Alarms
« on: 30 October 2003, 15:02 »
sorry guys and girls, but ive got another question!

Right, my  golf has central locking but no alarm, so every time i want to lok the car i have to insert the key into the door and it locks.

i want an alarm with remote central locking..

i called VW up and they quoted me ?400 for it to be done, hmm, thats a little too much imo. does any one have any solutions ie after market products etc... any help would be much appreciated, so far youve been really good to me

cheers

Rossi

Offline jasonpi

• I live here
Re:Alarms
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2003, 15:15 »
cobra alarms are good but dont know if you can use ur original key or if u get a seperate fob ::)

Offline Rossi

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2003, 15:23 »
okay, ill look into them, any more help much apprieciated.

thanks

kniterider

« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2003, 15:48 »
what model car have you got?, if youve got remote locking you should be able to get some one with a laptop and the vag-com leads and software to check the computer that runs everything in your car you may have the possibility to have the alarm option turned on!, ive got the standard alarm on mine, remote key fob, indicators flash on arm/disarm (when you lock/unlock), when my vag com leads and software turn up im going to alter the program to give a bleep aswell as the visual indication, and set the option for the anti hijacking mode to be active (any speed lower than 10mph and the doorks auto lock so you cant get car jacked! just checking to see if you have these options cause it will be cheaper to turn them on than get a whole system fitted, as for alarms of the non vw type in the past i have always got clifford (not the big red dog!) ;D