Author Topic: what happend to p11jon  (Read 23857 times)

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what happend to p11jon
« Reply #40 on: 09 May 2012, 18:42 »
i see!

still prefer mk1/mk2

oh yeah no doubt there. they are the best i recon then the mk3 had to go heavyer due to actuly making them safer in a crash as that was the general progress of cars at the time. i can only assume that vw saw that people liked putting big wheels on there cars when they made the mk4 so they decided to give it huge wheel arches and a fat arss  :laugh:

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #41 on: 09 May 2012, 18:45 »
mk5's eh??? that they up'd the displacement and left it with a k03s turbo   :lipsrsealed: yeah thats an improvement  :rolleyes: when the audi and seat got the same engine but with a better turbo. If anything the mk5 was a bit of a con, just paying for the badge  :smug:

Don't get me wrong I hate my mk4 as its become a chav wagon, but I think it looks better than a mk3, never had a problem with it either, but like with every mk I think there's pro's and con's. I love the corrado and the mk2 for looks. Don't like the mk5 as its more in price, them chavy seats in GTi spec and then they really didn't improve performance engine wise...

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #42 on: 09 May 2012, 20:09 »

My dad never goes over 3.5 revs lol

This Dad revs his cars to fook! :grin: :evil:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #43 on: 09 May 2012, 20:18 »

:grin:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #44 on: 09 May 2012, 20:30 »
The Passat took a bit of stick down in Cornwall last weekend! :wink: :grin:

The coast road was fun! :grin:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 09 May 2012, 20:41 »

So it should be  :grin:

Cars are for driving, does them good to blow the cob webs out  :evil: no matter what age you are  :smug:

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 09 May 2012, 20:51 »

So it should be  :grin:

Cars are for driving, does them good to blow the cob webs out  :evil: no matter what age you are  :smug:

Yh lol, seem my dad disapire over a hill in front of me overtaking two cars in my old mk3  :cool:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #47 on: 09 May 2012, 21:05 »

This was the problem drive a car like this for ever it will clog up & die they are meant to be driven properly lol

Maybe there was some lemons then but I stil believe it's down to the way they are driven,serviced etc as never owned a lemon in my life and have had 6 golfs

Na, its down to a sh!t engine in the first place.. FACT!!

well know issue with that engine that VW didn't like to admit, hence why they gave you a bottle of oil at every service and a pouch to put it in :grin:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #48 on: 09 May 2012, 21:15 »

This was the problem drive a car like this for ever it will clog up & die they are meant to be driven properly lol

Maybe there was some lemons then but I stil believe it's down to the way they are driven,serviced etc as never owned a lemon in my life and have had 6 golfs

Na, its down to a sh!t engine in the first place.. FACT!!

well know issue with that engine that VW didn't like to admit, hence why they gave you a bottle of oil at every service and a pouch to put it in :grin:

Clear out you inbox F17bad its full!

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 09 May 2012, 21:37 »
mk5's eh??? that they up'd the displacement and left it with a k03s turbo   :lipsrsealed: yeah thats an improvement  :rolleyes: when the audi and seat got the same engine but with a better turbo. If anything the mk5 was a bit of a con, just paying for the badge  :smug:

It's always been like that. S3 having more power then the MK4? Different maps on engines etc. It's all marketing hype, it's not a con it's a marketing technique which works.

The MK5 is a far more refined car then the MK4, still with faults appearing but seems a much more planted car on the road and seems to be built better inside, not massively impressed with interior build quality on the MK4.

The MK3 build quality was very good, yes there were rust issues but look at the era and the other cars. Everything feels solid on mine.

My 1.6 has been ragged non stop for the last past two years and I've never serviced it and bodged absolutely everything up on the engine as I've always planned on swapping it with something bigger so wanted to spend no money on it. Everywhere else on the car has been maintained but I've had zilch engine faults other then a coil.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.