Author Topic: Reflections  (Read 1777 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Reflections
« Reply #20 on: 04 August 2022, 17:00 »
The benefits of belvederes are only evident when driving in a way to feel them, 99.9% of the time I'm just nipping up and down a carriageway with cruise control set at 55-65mph or into town. I won't feel the benefits of the belvederes in that driving style, and the lightweight benefits of them are there to counteract the poorer fuel usage associated with winter tyres.

Also i think 18's are too small on the mk7, so the Brescias are purely an aesthetic choice.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 05 August 2022, 12:55 »

On a side note, the most common Golf around my way by a country mile is the R.

Where in Oxfordshire are you?

I am in Witney.

Totally agree about the R, I bet the PCP had a lot to do with regard to how common they are. I haven't seen anything with regard to meets either in the area.

Well hello neighbour, i'm next door to you in Carterton
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 05 August 2022, 14:16 »

On a side note, the most common Golf around my way by a country mile is the R.

Where in Oxfordshire are you?

I am in Witney.

Totally agree about the R, I bet the PCP had a lot to do with regard to how common they are. I haven't seen anything with regard to meets either in the area.

Well hello neighbour, i'm next door to you in Carterton

Small world. :)

I did live in Carterton for a while, but moved back to Witney.

I usually come over to get petrol as yours is cheaper. :)
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i