Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791654 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8230 on: 19 March 2018, 13:38 »
Thought about washing it today but after 10 freezing minutes just cleaning the glass and topping up the screenwash I retreated back inside. The hose is under snow and probably frozen anyway....

That was my thought too yesterday afternoon Peter lol I'm hoping the weather is fairly accurate for this Saturday she's gonna get a lot of TLC hahaha  :whistle:

We covered just over 1000 miles last week on our break, started off pretty tidy looking but ended with this..

I'm not off until Sunday now so may have to just drive around embarrassed and hope I can get a chance to at least get the worst off :embarrassed:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8231 on: 19 March 2018, 15:14 »
Mine looks like that.... still, its summer soon and it can have a wash! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

physio

« Reply #8232 on: 19 March 2018, 15:57 »
applied GTechiqI1 smart trim to my art velour seats did  it outside and left  car doors open for 5 hrs as the weather is sunny and very windy ,dried ok you cant tell its been treated ,smells of rotten eggs  to start with but that has faded  as the day went on

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8233 on: 19 March 2018, 21:54 »
Ordered set of Michelin PS4's (based on recommendations on here) for my CS today from Blackcircle, great deal with a 10% code just for today on the site. Being optimistic that I no longer need the Conti Winter Contacts.......all the crap freezing snowing weather is all behind us...... :laugh: :whistle:

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #8234 on: 19 March 2018, 22:03 »
Ordered set of Michelin PS4's (based on recommendations on here) for my CS today from Blackcircle, great deal with a 10% code just for today on the site. Being optimistic that I no longer need the Conti Winter Contacts.......all the crap freezing snowing weather is all behind us...... :laugh: :whistle:

I got 3 of the same fitted today.Already had a newish one on the back.If EVO say they are the best tyres for my 18" wheel than that's good enough for me. :smiley:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #8235 on: 19 March 2018, 22:08 »
Thought about washing it today but after 10 freezing minutes just cleaning the glass and topping up the screenwash I retreated back inside. The hose is under snow and probably frozen anyway....

That was my thought too yesterday afternoon Peter lol I'm hoping the weather is fairly accurate for this Saturday she's gonna get a lot of TLC hahaha  :whistle:

We covered just over 1000 miles last week on our break, started off pretty tidy looking but ended with this..

I'm not off until Sunday now so may have to just drive around embarrassed and hope I can get a chance to at least get the worst off :embarrassed:

I was speaking to someone a few weeks ago who's mate drive the gritter trucks for the council.His mate was saying how they are using a new mix of salt and some kind of fluid that helps it stick to the road better.That is why people are getting those big streaks down the bodywork of their cars.It is definitely worse this Winter.It makes a right old mess (as you know!).
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8236 on: 19 March 2018, 22:25 »

I was speaking to someone a few weeks ago who's mate drive the gritter trucks for the council.His mate was saying how they are using a new mix of salt and some kind of fluid that helps it stick to the road better.That is why people are getting those big streaks down the bodywork of their cars.It is definitely worse this Winter.It makes a right old mess (as you know!).

It certainly has and yes is definitely far worse this winter, never seen anything like it so what you say rings true. The car was great though over every one of the thousand miles :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline DubmanSam

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8237 on: 20 March 2018, 07:53 »
S3 short shifter fitted and voids filled in the end link, feels great
2016 MK7 Golf GTI PP Solid White, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge Intake Pipe, CTS Turbo Inlet, Pipercross Filter, Rear Wiper Delete, 10mm Spacers Front, 15mm Spacers Rear, VCDS tweaks, ST Suspension RARB, 034 Motorsport Engine Mounts, Centre Resonator Delete, REVO Turbo Muffler Delete, Sachs Performance Clutch, S3 Short Shifter, Clutch Bump Stop, Clutch Delay Valve Removed

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8238 on: 20 March 2018, 20:08 »

It certainly has and yes is definitely far worse this winter, never seen anything like it so what you say rings true. The car was great though over every one of the thousand miles :smiley:

Thankfully mine doesn`t look as bad as yours, I`m surprised cos I usually meet the gritter coming the other way each morning about 5am. It`s an awful feeling hearing that salt clatter the side of the car!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8239 on: 22 March 2018, 12:28 »
Bought it a little treat:

Current set have been on for 2 years and look okay but were rather smeary last week which was a pain on the motorway. £24 or so delivered, seems very fair.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.