Author Topic: wow! what a diffrence a spray gun makes!  (Read 669 times)

Offline Rmachines

• I live here
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
wow! what a diffrence a spray gun makes!
« on: 21 March 2008, 15:50 »
Im spraying my debadged grill and thought i would go for it and be brave enough to use the spray gun!  I have used them in the past but never a good one!  I got my self a nice one to use with my new compressor and WOW!! What a finnish!  Beats any rattle can!

I shall post a pic when its finnised drying!  :grin:
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

Offline nelds

• I live here
  • Now Golfless but owning an Audi still counts
Re: wow! what a diffrence a spray gun makes!
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2008, 17:36 »
i saw screwfix had a compressor on sale, came with a kit that includes a gun....seriously considering it...about £69.00 i think

Offline difficultrogue

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2008, 18:04 »
Yes your right - if you have the space and time, a proper spray gun setup is the way to go!

Offline Rmachines

• I live here
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2008, 18:25 »
I think you would need a decent size compressor to do large panels etc.. I use a 50L which is relativly small for spraying but be enough to do a panel at a time!   could get away with a 25L but below that and you might end up with splatters.  Im going to keep practicing!  who knows, might have a diffrent colour golf soon  :laugh: haha
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!