Author Topic: Burgundy VR6 - Project Colour Code! NOW SOLD!!!  (Read 209074 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Burgundy VR6 - Project Colour Code!
« Reply #960 on: 06 December 2011, 10:29 »

Hopefully a year. They have internet too ya know..  :grin:

Ohhh SHOULD be with a Mk1 GTi or a Caddy.  :grin:

Yes I know the rest of the world has internet but it depends where you go for ease of access, plus I'm sure you'll have far more interesting things to do other than finding an internet cafe in Nicaragua to see whats going on in here..

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #961 on: 13 December 2011, 19:28 »

Join forces and be burger brothers!

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #962 on: 14 December 2011, 10:42 »

Wow that is seriously cool!

Where/who's??

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #963 on: 14 December 2011, 10:47 »

Sounds like that could be a Nintendo hit.  :grin:

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #964 on: 14 December 2011, 13:37 »
I spotted it on canibeat.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #965 on: 29 December 2011, 09:46 »
Started the car up yesterday to be greeted with a big clunking coming from one of the cylinders :sad: had a look over then thought i would check the oil. Dipstick = bone dry. :shocked: had an oil change last January so was a bit shocked to have lost over 2.5 litres! Topped back up and she sounded sweet! Lots of people turning their heads when you're reving it outside your house with the bonnet up! :grin:

Oil and filter change next, sump will come off too. Then smash the cheapo coilovers on, may just use the back one as i have APs on the front already! :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #966 on: 29 December 2011, 10:23 »
Started the car up yesterday to be greeted with a big clunking coming from one of the cylinders :sad: had a look over then thought i would check the oil. Dipstick = bone dry. :shocked: had an oil change last January so was a bit shocked to have lost over 2.5 litres! Topped back up and she sounded sweet! Lots of people turning their heads when you're reving it outside your house with the bonnet up! :grin:

All of the above concerns me!  WTF??? You ran it for a year without checking the oil!?  :shocked:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #967 on: 29 December 2011, 10:27 »

All of the above concerns me!  WTF??? You ran it for a year without checking the oil!?  :shocked:

I hardly use the thing! that's why i'm so concerned! Normally i will check it all the time when it's being used. It's only done about 8k miles in over two years!
It's sitting there covered in dirt, still with the polished wheels on looking sorry for itself :sad:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #968 on: 29 December 2011, 10:33 »

I hardly use the thing! that's why i'm so concerned! Normally i will check it all the time when it's being used. It's only done about 8k miles in over two years!
It's sitting there covered in dirt, still with the polished wheels on looking sorry for itself :sad:

Even more reason to check it before you use it. If you only use it once in a while then I would check each time you take it out.  I take it it's definitely not leaking?... Must be burning it when you take it for a rare thrash...

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #969 on: 29 December 2011, 21:40 »
Something is wrong there then. Didn't you say it used a bit of water too?

Oil is a weekly check on mine, throw up the bonnet, grab a tissue from the glovebox, check all the levels and throw away the tissue as I walk indoors.  :grin:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.