Author Topic: 1.4 TSi 160 Turbo failure  (Read 8633 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: 1.4 TSi 160 Turbo failure
« Reply #10 on: 06 March 2013, 19:46 »
VWCS are still looking at the case, they seem to think the car is going to need a new engine  :shocked:
After 40K miles and 4 years old the car should not need a new engine, this is going to be costly and it seems VWCS aren't going to repair it as goodwill. I think this will be my last VW, the whole situation has left a sour taste

Lets hope they dont make you foot the full bill, surely not, especially since its had a replacement turbo once before.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 08 March 2013, 01:06 »
It gets better, the dealership where I have bought my last 2 cars say if I get a new car with them they will settle the outstanding finance I owe on the TSi and I won't have to pay the repair bill. If not then I have to pay labour fees, VW will pay materials as goodwill. So I'd still have to pay £580 just for them to investigate the problem, then labour charges for putting the engine back together as they want to strip it and labour fees then to do the actual repair. I'm absolutely fuming. This is definitely my last VW, neither the dealership or VWCS have been any help at all, the dealership won't give me a courtesy car unless I give them the go ahead to do the repair.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2013, 06:39 »
It gets better, the dealership where I have bought my last 2 cars say if I get a new car with them they will settle the outstanding finance I owe on the TSi and I won't have to pay the repair bill. If not then I have to pay labour fees, VW will pay materials as goodwill. So I'd still have to pay £580 just for them to investigate the problem, then labour charges for putting the engine back together as they want to strip it and labour fees then to do the actual repair. I'm absolutely fuming. This is definitely my last VW, neither the dealership or VWCS have been any help at all, the dealership won't give me a courtesy car unless I give them the go ahead to do the repair.

Really feel for you Aidy
They might aswell f... you up the a... while they have you bent over that barrel  :angry: :angry:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 08 March 2013, 07:56 »

Well that's a total p1ss take :wink:...really feel for you, so where do you go from here?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 08 March 2013, 08:33 »

Well that's a total p1ss take :wink:...really feel for you, so where do you go from here?

Well I've been away with work all week, 300 miles from home so only been able to speak on the phone to them. I'm going home today so I'll be going down to the dealers, VWCS have said that's all they're prepared to do so I'm going to ask to speak to somebody higher up there and see if they can do anything

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 08 March 2013, 12:46 »
What a nightmare.  Good luck, mate - hope you get more sense out of someone futher up the VW line.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 08 March 2013, 12:59 »
i thought all new vws come with a 60k or 5yr powertrain warranty  :undecided:
« Last Edit: 08 March 2013, 13:09 by barrym381 »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 08 March 2013, 13:38 »

I think you'll find it's 3 years. :cry:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 08 March 2013, 15:44 »

I think you'll find it's 3 years. :cry:
:shocked: tight arse c**ts

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 08 March 2013, 19:56 »

I think thats black mail, pay thousands and we will fix it for free, or pay thousands for a new one and basically all they are giving you is the finance for the trade in price.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.